While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
It's coming up on four years since ex-Sun CEO Scott McNealy launched Wayin, but the startup today bears little resemblance to its original self.
Scott McNealy is best known for his role as cofounder and long-serving CEO at Sun Microsystems, but some remember him even better for a few choice comments he made about privacy back in 1999.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
Oracle's massive annual OpenWorld conference isn't happening until late September, but the vendor recently unveiled details of nearly 1,800 sessions planned for the event that on balance paint a comprehensive picture of what its customers, partners a...
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix and Maintech.
An independent Solaris OS support provider has countersued Oracle for unfair competition and violation of U.S. antitrust laws.
The person who became known on the Internet for yelling at servers is now becoming famous for another, somewhat related, feat, creating a new type of data visualization for characterizing system performance.
Oracle will stop offering commercial support for new versions of the open-source GlassFish application server, leaving customers who want such support with the option of licensing the more expensive and proprietary WebLogic Server.
Oracle is continuing to crack down on companies it claims are providing support services for its products in an illegal fashion.
Oracle's revenue was flat year-over-year in its fourth quarter at $US10.9 billion, while profits rose 10 per cent to $US3.8 billion, as the company reported strong growth in sales for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscriptions and "engineered systems...
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Oracle has announced the availability of Java Platform Enterprise Edition 7, a release that brings new capabilities for HTML5-based application development to the framework.
Sun was founded Andy Bechtolsheim, Vinod Khosla, Scott McNealy and Bill Joy in 1982. Sun went public in 1986 and was raking in $1 billion in annual sales by 1988.
Two companies offering third-party support for Oracle's open-source MySQL database, as well as the MySQL offshoot MariaDB, have announced plans to merge.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer gear is available at a steep discount today, including $100 off a Razer Blade Stealth
- Staying alive: DDR5 memory is on its way
- Windows 10 Creators Update rolls ahead with early access and date for phones
- Senator: Russia used 'thousands' of internet trolls during US election
- Samsung reboots its smart home, IoT strategy with the Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FTOrganisational Change Analyst (PROSCI/ ADKAR)VIC
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationNSW
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst AgileQLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTReports Developer - Hyperion EssentialNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD