While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
It's coming up on four years since ex-Sun CEO Scott McNealy launched Wayin, but the startup today bears little resemblance to its original self.
Scott McNealy is best known for his role as cofounder and long-serving CEO at Sun Microsystems, but some remember him even better for a few choice comments he made about privacy back in 1999.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
Oracle's massive annual OpenWorld conference isn't happening until late September, but the vendor recently unveiled details of nearly 1,800 sessions planned for the event that on balance paint a comprehensive picture of what its customers, partners a...
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix and Maintech.
An independent Solaris OS support provider has countersued Oracle for unfair competition and violation of U.S. antitrust laws.
The person who became known on the Internet for yelling at servers is now becoming famous for another, somewhat related, feat, creating a new type of data visualization for characterizing system performance.
Oracle will stop offering commercial support for new versions of the open-source GlassFish application server, leaving customers who want such support with the option of licensing the more expensive and proprietary WebLogic Server.
Oracle is continuing to crack down on companies it claims are providing support services for its products in an illegal fashion.
Oracle's revenue was flat year-over-year in its fourth quarter at $US10.9 billion, while profits rose 10 per cent to $US3.8 billion, as the company reported strong growth in sales for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscriptions and "engineered systems...
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Oracle has announced the availability of Java Platform Enterprise Edition 7, a release that brings new capabilities for HTML5-based application development to the framework.
Sun was founded Andy Bechtolsheim, Vinod Khosla, Scott McNealy and Bill Joy in 1982. Sun went public in 1986 and was raking in $1 billion in annual sales by 1988.
Two companies offering third-party support for Oracle's open-source MySQL database, as well as the MySQL offshoot MariaDB, have announced plans to merge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW