Sun Microsystems reported an 11 per cent drop in revenue for the December quarter but managed to beat the modest expectations of financial analysts.
Sun Microsystems reported an 11 percent drop in revenue for the December quarter but managed to beat the modest expectations of financial analysts.
Sun Microsystems has bought Q-layer, a Belgian vendor of software for automating the management of computing clouds, it said Wednesday. The acquisition provides a clue as to how Sun plans to go about delivering on the cloud computing strategy it outl...
Having coined the phrase "the network is the computer" more than a decade ago Sun Microsystems could expect to be leading the march towards cloud computing, but in some ways it is still at the start line.
Sun Microsystems' largest shareholder, which has been agitating for change at the company, has reached an agreement with Sun to appoint two new independent directors to Sun's board, the companies announced Monday.
Bad times just keep getting worse at Sun Microsystems, and the vendor may face hard choices about which parts of its business to keep and which to shed.
Some 650 local Sun employees have been left hanging while the company decides who will face the axe in its plan to cull 6000 jobs globally.
Sun is laying off 15 percent to 18 percent of its employees as part of a restructuring plan aimed at saving $700 million to $800 million a year, and its top software executive is leaving the company, Sun said Friday.
Sun Microsystems is slashing its workforce on a scale typically reserved for automakers, announcing Friday that it plans to lay off up to 6,000 employees -- a restructuring that comes on top of earlier cutbacks made over the past year.
Sun Microsystems is partnering with cloud services provider Joyent to give Bebo developers one year of free Web hosting for their applications.
People who download Sun's Java Runtime Environment will be offered the MSN Toolbar as well, through a search distribution deal Microsoft has struck with Sun, the companies will announce Monday.
The use of flash memory to dramatically improve transaction processing highlights a new line of storage appliances announced Monday by Sun Microsystems.
Sun is offering on Thursday its open-source Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server version 3 Prelude, a Web application server based on a modular OSGi architecture with capabilities from the planned Java Platform EE (Enterprise Edition) 6 release.
Sun Microsystems has introduced the Open Access Channel Program and software specialisations to its Partner Advantage Program.
Blaming the downturn in the financial sector, Sun Microsystems reported a US$1.68 billion loss for its most recent fiscal quarter on Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Avaya says bankruptcy is a step toward software and services
- As with PCs, you can now customize Raspberry Pi-like computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW