Sun Microsystems reported an 11 per cent drop in revenue for the December quarter but managed to beat the modest expectations of financial analysts.
Sun Microsystems reported an 11 percent drop in revenue for the December quarter but managed to beat the modest expectations of financial analysts.
Sun Microsystems has bought Q-layer, a Belgian vendor of software for automating the management of computing clouds, it said Wednesday. The acquisition provides a clue as to how Sun plans to go about delivering on the cloud computing strategy it outl...
Having coined the phrase "the network is the computer" more than a decade ago Sun Microsystems could expect to be leading the march towards cloud computing, but in some ways it is still at the start line.
Sun Microsystems' largest shareholder, which has been agitating for change at the company, has reached an agreement with Sun to appoint two new independent directors to Sun's board, the companies announced Monday.
Bad times just keep getting worse at Sun Microsystems, and the vendor may face hard choices about which parts of its business to keep and which to shed.
Some 650 local Sun employees have been left hanging while the company decides who will face the axe in its plan to cull 6000 jobs globally.
Sun is laying off 15 percent to 18 percent of its employees as part of a restructuring plan aimed at saving $700 million to $800 million a year, and its top software executive is leaving the company, Sun said Friday.
Sun Microsystems is slashing its workforce on a scale typically reserved for automakers, announcing Friday that it plans to lay off up to 6,000 employees -- a restructuring that comes on top of earlier cutbacks made over the past year.
Sun Microsystems is partnering with cloud services provider Joyent to give Bebo developers one year of free Web hosting for their applications.
People who download Sun's Java Runtime Environment will be offered the MSN Toolbar as well, through a search distribution deal Microsoft has struck with Sun, the companies will announce Monday.
The use of flash memory to dramatically improve transaction processing highlights a new line of storage appliances announced Monday by Sun Microsystems.
Sun is offering on Thursday its open-source Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server version 3 Prelude, a Web application server based on a modular OSGi architecture with capabilities from the planned Java Platform EE (Enterprise Edition) 6 release.
Sun Microsystems has introduced the Open Access Channel Program and software specialisations to its Partner Advantage Program.
Blaming the downturn in the financial sector, Sun Microsystems reported a US$1.68 billion loss for its most recent fiscal quarter on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW