Colfax's new Ninja desktops are anything but invisible; the workstations can roar with the unprecedented computing power of Intel's latest 72-core supercomputing chips.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is now producing high performance computing systems for specific needs.
2015’s first edition of the top 500 list contains a new entrant but an old champion.
While some of the most successful consumer Internet companies are capturing the headlines today, more than 70 per cent of venture exits in the last two years valued at over $500 million have been in the enterprise sector.
High-performance computing expert Jason Stowe recently asked two of his engineers a simple question: Can you build a 10,000-core cluster in the cloud?
One of the most fascinating and highly technical conferences in the IT industry will take place next week in New Orleans, when SC10 kicks off with seven days of big computers, and big solutions to big problems.
China flexed its computing muscle with a supercomputer called Nebulae, rocketing to second place on the biannual Top500 list, which ranks the most powerful computers in the world.
The Unix server business has been hit particularly hard during the current recession.
High-performance computing (HPC) has almost always required a supercomputer - one of those room-size monoliths you find at government research labs and universities.
SGI is rolling out what it believes is the first hosted supercomputing service on the market.
The U.S. Energy Department's Sandia National Laboratories is investigating the possibility of using virtualization to allow its researchers to make better use of its behemoth Red Storm supercomputer. Researchers from Northwestern University and the U...
The U.S. Air Force recently issued a request for proposals to purchase 2,200 Sony PlayStation 3 video game consoles. Does the Air Force plan to play lots of Grand Theft Auto?
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Former Vice President Al Gore today told an audience of scientists, programmers and system builders at the SC09 conference here that their work is essential in the effort to avoid global catastrophe caused by climate change.
Australia's newest and most powerful supercomputer, set to rocket into the world's top 40, will be launched in Canberra today.
A Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory has regained the title of the world's most powerful supercomputer, overtaking the installation that was ranked at the top in June, while China entered the Top 10 with a hybrid Intel-AMD system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC