DisplayLink Inc. has disclosed plans to ship a chip that enables video to run in "SuperSpeed" USB 3.0 standard devices in the second half of 2010, which would allow its use in consumer products as early as next Christmas.
In spite of rumors that the first USB 3.0 products wouldn't surface until the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Buffalo Technology has beaten all comers to the punch by announcing today it was shipping its new DriveStation HD-HXU3 SuperSpe...
It seems every hard-drive manufacturer wants in on the USB 3.0 race. Digital product manufacturer Dane-Elec have announced a new line of external hard-drives that support the new faster USB 3.0 standard, claiming they will be the first company to rel...
The USB 3.0 race heated up Wednesday, as Buffalo made it known that its previously announced HD-HU3 range of hard drives will be the world's first SuperSpeed USB drives to make it to market when they ship in Japan later this month.
It seems as if we've been writing about USB 3.0 forever, but it has really been only about two years since Intel and other parties formed a promotional group for USB 3.0 in 2007. The spec was completed in November 2008, at which time the standard's b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Network Engineer - Voice And DataVIC