Infor made a $675 million bid to bolster its cloud and supply-chain management capabilities Tuesday with the announcement that it will acquire global order-management platform provider GT Nexus.
Supply chain management
Oracle took another step forward in its efforts to bolster its cloud offerings Monday with the launch of two new products designed to help companies conduct their entire order-fulfillment processes in the cloud.
SAP is making good on a promise to migrate its Ariba e-commerce software to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and says an initial step has already produced staggering performance improvements.
JDA has been hit with a lawsuit from online lingerie and underwear seller Andra Group, which claims its business suffered millions in damages after a new e-commerce system wasn't delivered as promised.
SAP has acquired SmartOps in a move the company says will allow it to develop real-time supply chain applications that take advantage of SAP's HANA in-memory database.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject AdministratorSA
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Java Developer x2ACT
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW