Microsoft has done a lot more than replace the notebook
Apple's ambitious MacBook introduces many great innovations, although one of them is unwanted
Surface in pictures
They were flat. Many had pens or touchscreens. And most of them died. Swipe back in time to see how tablets have evolved to the Surface, iPad, and Android slates we use today.
Microsoft’s 2nd generation products mean more responsive devices and more time unplugged.
CIO.com's Sarah White compares two of today's top of the line tablets that are designed to replace your laptop. Do they fit the bill?
Surface Pro 4 vs. iPad Pro vs. Galaxy TabPro S vs. Pixel C: Fight!
Long-rumored Surface phones may not arrive until 2017 as Microsoft puts its phone plans on ice.
Grand opening celebrations for the first Microsoft Store in Australia take place today as its Surface Book, Pro 4 and Microsoft Band hit its minted store shelves.
Competition between Apple and Microsoft is intensifying as the two companies ready the release of flagship tablets in Australia ahead of the busy Christmas period.
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Videos about Surface
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- To go from IT to IoT, build on your skills
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW