CIO.com's Sarah White compares two of today's top of the line tablets that are designed to replace your laptop. Do they fit the bill?
Surface Pro 4 vs. iPad Pro vs. Galaxy TabPro S vs. Pixel C: Fight!
Long-rumored Surface phones may not arrive until 2017 as Microsoft puts its phone plans on ice.
Grand opening celebrations for the first Microsoft Store in Australia take place today as its Surface Book, Pro 4 and Microsoft Band hit its minted store shelves.
Competition between Apple and Microsoft is intensifying as the two companies ready the release of flagship tablets in Australia ahead of the busy Christmas period.
Microsoft figured out how to put a discrete GPU into the Surface Book, and it does make a difference. We ran the benchmarks to find the truth.
Evolutionary changes have seen the Surface Pro 4 become one of the most powerful notebooks in a body that is altogether smaller.
“Windows share continues to improve as more models become available from traditional PC vendors, White Label vendors, and Microsoft itself..."
They were flat. Many had pens or touchscreens. And most of them died. Swipe back in time to see how tablets have evolved to the Surface, iPad, and Android slates we use today.
A firmware update for Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 appears to have drastically improved battery life, addressing one of the beefy tablet's biggest weak points.
Microsoft has erected a gigantic Surface in London's Trafalgar Square, with a roughly 383-inch display. Visitors can walk up to the oversized Surface and stomp on the attached jumbo keyboard to interact with apps.
Microsoft says the decision to drop the 'RT' branding from its second generation Surface tablet was a move made to address consumer confusion between the scaled down, tablet-optimised operating system and its regular Windows 8.1 OS.
Microsoft’s 2nd generation products mean more responsive devices and more time unplugged.
Don't let all the talk about service synergies and sales teams fool you: Microsoft gobbled up Nokia to ensure Windows Phone's ongoing survival and bolster the "devices" portion of its newly refocused "devices and services" business.
The Acer Iconia W3 flips Windows computing on its head, rotating the screen into an 8.1-inch, easy-to-hold, portrait form factor. This may seem like a trivial improvement, but it's more significant than you might think.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT