Microsoft's new Surface Studio is the company's first ever desktop PC and is aimed directly at the creator market, just the kind of people who typically buy Apple Macs.
Microsoft unleashed a ton of Windows and Surface news on the world from New York on Wednesday, revealing new Windows features and brand new hardware. Here’s the run-down on the biggest news from the company’s two-hour-long presentation.
CIO.com's Sarah White compares two of today's top of the line tablets that are designed to replace your laptop. Do they fit the bill?
Surface Pro 4 vs. iPad Pro vs. Galaxy TabPro S vs. Pixel C: Fight!
Long-rumored Surface phones may not arrive until 2017 as Microsoft puts its phone plans on ice.
Grand opening celebrations for the first Microsoft Store in Australia take place today as its Surface Book, Pro 4 and Microsoft Band hit its minted store shelves.
Competition between Apple and Microsoft is intensifying as the two companies ready the release of flagship tablets in Australia ahead of the busy Christmas period.
Microsoft figured out how to put a discrete GPU into the Surface Book, and it does make a difference. We ran the benchmarks to find the truth.
Evolutionary changes have seen the Surface Pro 4 become one of the most powerful notebooks in a body that is altogether smaller.
“Windows share continues to improve as more models become available from traditional PC vendors, White Label vendors, and Microsoft itself..."
They were flat. Many had pens or touchscreens. And most of them died. Swipe back in time to see how tablets have evolved to the Surface, iPad, and Android slates we use today.
A firmware update for Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 appears to have drastically improved battery life, addressing one of the beefy tablet's biggest weak points.
Microsoft has erected a gigantic Surface in London's Trafalgar Square, with a roughly 383-inch display. Visitors can walk up to the oversized Surface and stomp on the attached jumbo keyboard to interact with apps.
Microsoft says the decision to drop the 'RT' branding from its second generation Surface tablet was a move made to address consumer confusion between the scaled down, tablet-optimised operating system and its regular Windows 8.1 OS.
Microsoft’s 2nd generation products mean more responsive devices and more time unplugged.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- CCEPAS Technical Support OfficersNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- TPTest LeadQLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD