It's been nearly four years since SAP got into enterprise mobility with the acquisition of Sybase, but many customers still don't quite understand its mobile product strategy, according to a new survey by the Americas' SAP Users' Group.
SAP is planning to rely heavily on HTML5 and open standards within its products for building mobile applications, and is embracing the concept of BYOT (bring your own tools) in order to draw interest from developers.
SAP's flagship Business Suite ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is now able to run on top of the vendor's HANA in-memory database, in a move that stands to open new frontiers of competition with the likes of Oracle, IBM and Microsoft.
Sybase CEO John Chen is leaving SAP, roughly two-and-a-half years after SAP acquired the company for its database and mobility technologies, SAP announced Tuesday.
SAP is expected to make a slew of announcements related to in-memory computing, mobile applications and cloud-based services on Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Now that SAP's roughly $US6 billion acquisition of Sybase has gained clearance from European regulators, it may not be long before the deal is finalised. With that in mind, users and partners of the companies have much to consider during the next few...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTJava DeveloperVIC