It's been nearly four years since SAP got into enterprise mobility with the acquisition of Sybase, but many customers still don't quite understand its mobile product strategy, according to a new survey by the Americas' SAP Users' Group.
SAP is planning to rely heavily on HTML5 and open standards within its products for building mobile applications, and is embracing the concept of BYOT (bring your own tools) in order to draw interest from developers.
SAP's flagship Business Suite ERP (enterprise resource planning) software is now able to run on top of the vendor's HANA in-memory database, in a move that stands to open new frontiers of competition with the likes of Oracle, IBM and Microsoft.
Sybase CEO John Chen is leaving SAP, roughly two-and-a-half years after SAP acquired the company for its database and mobility technologies, SAP announced Tuesday.
SAP is expected to make a slew of announcements related to in-memory computing, mobile applications and cloud-based services on Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Now that SAP's roughly $US6 billion acquisition of Sybase has gained clearance from European regulators, it may not be long before the deal is finalised. With that in mind, users and partners of the companies have much to consider during the next few...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC