As cyber threats diversify and expand, anti-virus provider Symantec is doing the same. Late Sunday, the company said it would shell out US$4.65 billion to acquire Web security provider Blue Coat. Here are five reasons why the deal could make sense fo...
Security company Symantec is to acquire Web security provider Blue Coat for US$4.65 billion in cash in a deal that will broaden the portfolio of security technologies the combined company can offer customers.
...and New Zealand continues to be their top target for ransomware and social media scams.
Cyber criminals are stealing user's login credentials for popular online streaming service, Netflix, in an attempt to steal banking information, according to recent research by Symantec.
Hackers based in Iran have been using malware to spy on individuals, including potentially dissidents and activists in the country, according to new research from Symantec.
Symantec is selling its information management business, known as Veritas, to an investor group led by The Carlyle Group for US$8 billion as it looks to increase its focus on security.
Smartphone sales increased substantially in the second quarter of 2015, but the rate of growth continued to slow, fueling concerns that the market has started to become saturated, according to a study released today by Juniper Research.
The cyberespionage group that stole the personal records of millions of Americans from U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has also reportedly breached United Airlines.
A group has been singled out as the attacker behind the recently disclosed hack against Anthem, believed to be the largest waged against a health care company.
Spam fell to less than 50 per cent of all email in June, the lowest in a decade, Symantec said in its latest Intelligence Report.
The hackers that targeted Twitter, Facebook, Apple and Microsoft developers two years ago have escalated their economic espionage efforts as they seek confidential business information and intellectual property they can profit from.
A hacker group known as Team GhostShell is publishing snippets of sensitive data allegedly stolen from the databases of hundreds of compromised websites.
The group behind the Duqu cyberespionage tool has compromised at least two telecommunications operators and one electronic equipment manufacturer, in addition to a cybersecurity firm and venues that hosted high-level nuclear negotiations between worl...
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Cybercriminals in Japan are targeting iPhone users with an online scam that tricks them into installing a malicious application when they attempt to view porn videos.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTTest LeadQLD
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET) 161103/AP/269Asia
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW