Nokia E6 review: Another Nokia phone that possesses excellent hardware, but let down by software that just isn't as slick, fast or user friendly as competitors
Microsoft has bought Nokia's smartphone and mobile business for €5.44 billion so we've taken a look at what it means for the companies involved, for Windows Phone, and for the mobile market as a whole.
If there was any doubt left that Nokia's next Windows Phone would have a greatly improved camera, Microsoft erased it with a couple of Flickr photos.
Smartphones launches are what everyone looks out for at MWC and 2013 is set to be no different. Here's where we take a look at what is expected to launch at Mobile World Congress this year - Smartphone launches at MWC 2013.
HTC and Nokia are separately expected to announce super-high-quality cameras in new smartphones expected to be unveiled the next week.
iOS grew its share of the global mobile operating system market to 24.2 percent in November, further stretching its advantage over Android.
Send messages - text, audio and video - for free quickly and easily with this selection of essential messaging apps for the iPhone.
It's hard to remember now, but there was a time when Finland was at the center of the cell phone universe. As cell phones overtook pagers, then smartphones overtook cell phones, Nokia was the hottest company in the industry.
With so much chatter about tablets this year, you might think that the handheld, rectangular devices being unveiled represent a significant innovation. The reality is that so much of what we're seeing is not a whole lot different than what we saw in ...
Nokia's Symbian is the world's most popular mobile operating system according to the latest Gartner research. Despite the rise of the iPhone and Android platforms, Symbian still accounts for almost 47 per cent of smartphone sales in the world.
Apple has thrown down the gauntlet to its competitors, releasing the fourth-generation iPhone, appropriately dubbed the iPhone 4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW