Our third and final Synology DS112 user review shows how this NAS device can be used in schools
Our second user review of the Synology DS112 highlights how this single-drive NAS can be used in the medical field
Synology's five-bay NAS device is cheap yet incredibly quick
A reasonably priced two-bay NAS device with good performance
A hacker exploited publicly known vulnerabilities to install malware on network-attached storage systems manufactured by Synology and used their computing power to generate Dogecoins, a type of cryptocurrency.
Synology has released a new 4-bay network-attached storage device. The Synology DiskStation DS411slim NAS device can fit up to four 2.5in hard drives, for a maximum storage capacity of 4TB.
Synology today launched the RackStation RS411, a rack-mountable, network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for businesses.
Network-attached storage (NAS), once only available (and affordable) for enterprises, is becoming more common for small business and even home use. And necessary - if you are looking for secure backups for your data, a single backup disk collecting d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IBM drills into the energy industry for cognitive computing advances
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches
- Republican gains in Congress would have limited impact on big tech issues
- What you should know about Lenovo's Motorola acquisition
- Sencha melds desktop and smartphone management with Space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW