Network-attached storage (NAS) manufacturer Synology fixed several vulnerabilities in its devices' software, one of which could allow attackers to compromise the data stored on them.
Over 100,000 devices have a misconfigured service called multicast DNS that accepts requests from the Internet and can potentially be abused to amplify distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
A hacker exploited publicly known vulnerabilities to install malware on network-attached storage systems manufactured by Synology and used their computing power to generate Dogecoins, a type of cryptocurrency.
Synology has released a new 4-bay network-attached storage device. The Synology DiskStation DS411slim NAS device can fit up to four 2.5in hard drives, for a maximum storage capacity of 4TB.
Synology today launched the RackStation RS411, a rack-mountable, network-attached storage (NAS) device designed for businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC