Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010 is a systems management suite for midsize businesses that comprises part of Microsoft System Center 2010.
Like the farmer and the cowman, the administrator and developer can work together, even if they labor in separate departments.
VMware is hoping to convince CIOs to centralize single sign-on access to all kinds of apps with Identity Manager, which can run in the cloud or on-site and also offers application provisioning and a self-service catalog.
Oracle wants to make it easy for its enterprise customers to move some of their software-based workloads from the vendor to the cloud. To the Oracle Cloud, that is.
Hewlett-Packard is developing new capabilities for its OneView systems management software that it says will allow for automated provisioning of applications across pools of servers and storage.
Amazon Web Services is hoping better management tools will convince enterprises to move more applications to the cloud, but getting their internal management processes right is even more important than anything the vendor can offer.
BMC has agreed to be acquired by a private investment consortium headed by Bain Capital and Golden Capital, in a deal worth about $US6.9 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
- FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- FTDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC