Like the farmer and the cowman, the administrator and developer can work together, even if they labor in separate departments.
VMware is hoping to convince CIOs to centralize single sign-on access to all kinds of apps with Identity Manager, which can run in the cloud or on-site and also offers application provisioning and a self-service catalog.
Oracle wants to make it easy for its enterprise customers to move some of their software-based workloads from the vendor to the cloud. To the Oracle Cloud, that is.
Hewlett-Packard is developing new capabilities for its OneView systems management software that it says will allow for automated provisioning of applications across pools of servers and storage.
Amazon Web Services is hoping better management tools will convince enterprises to move more applications to the cloud, but getting their internal management processes right is even more important than anything the vendor can offer.
Amazon Web Services has expanded to data centers in Australia and Europe the availability of its CodeDeploy service for automating software updates.
Microsoft has upgraded an IT management portal it's developing for Azure that's intended to calm the nerves of IT pros wary about moving on premises applications to the vendor's cloud.
If every business is now a software business, as the saying goes, then many companies might benefit by automating their routines for creating and updating the software that keeps them in business.
Israeli cloud monitoring company Cloudyn has added support for Azure, helping companies stay on top of their Microsoft deployments.
Authentication using Apple's Touch ID and more control when rolling out new apps are two of the upgrades in the latest version of AirWatch's mobile management platform.
Amazon Web Services' management tool, Config, provides troubleshooting and security analysis features designed to give IT staff more control over cloud resources.
Microsoft has added automated backup and patching for SQL Server databases running in virtual machines on its Azure cloud, in a bid to simplify management and improve reliability.
Good Technology is hoping its cloud-based Management Suite for mobile devices will make life easier for IT departments that don't want to rely on products from multiple vendors to manage the seemingly countless phones and tablets that employees are u...
A new version of Dell's Kace K1000 Systems Management Appliance adds support for a wider array of devices, including Chromebooks, so enterprises and other organizations can better control these Chrome OS computers.
As enterprises have increased the number of systems they run on Amazon Web Service's cloud, keeping track of it all has become more difficult. But the company is now trying to rectify that with the help of better tagging.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW