ForeScout Technologies and AirWatch have integrated their respective products for network access control and mobile management in a bid to give IT departments better control over devices that employees bring to work.
Users of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service (RDS) can now keep track of their databases with new notifications via email and SMS.
AppSense has released MobileNow, a cloud-based service that combines device and application administration features, as it hopes to take a bite out of the growing mobile management market.
Virtualization software provider VMware has invested US$30 million in Puppet Labs, which makes a widely used, open-source operations management software package called Puppet.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has added PowerShell to the management options for its cloud, in a move that reaches out to the Windows community.
In a move aimed at strengthening its ability to offer converged systems, Dell has acquired infrastructure automation software provider Gale Technologies.
Facebook has beaten some of the limitations of the Apache Hadoop data processing platform, its engineers assert.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
IT spending in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) will reach US$1.154 trillion in 2013, a 1.4 percent increase from this year, thanks to the increasing popularity of mobile devices, market research company Gartner said on Monday.
Riverbed Technology will acquire Opnet Technologies for about US$1 billion, the two companies said Monday.
Hewlett-Packard has launched a hosted offering called HP Service Anywhere, providing IT service management (ITSM) software over the Internet.
With some funding from Google and the U.S. Energy Department, a pair of computer scientists at Dartmouth University are updating the venerable grep and diff Unix command line utilities to handle more complex types of data.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) management tool will from now on tell users about upcoming scheduled operational activities that will affect the availability of its cloud, the company <a href="http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/11/ec2-instance-status-moni...
RightScale is adding OpenStack and SoftLayer to the list of cloud services that can be managed from its RightScale Cloud Management Platform.
SAP customers seeking to move from traditional deployments to a private cloud architecture have a new option from Accenture, the companies announced Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
- Windows 10's new beta lets computers download updates from other PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSoftware Delivery ManagerACT
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160915/SSA/893Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Business Analyst - MulticloudVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle RDBMS) 160908/AP/510Asia
- CCTIM / TAM ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC