ForeScout Technologies and AirWatch have integrated their respective products for network access control and mobile management in a bid to give IT departments better control over devices that employees bring to work.
Users of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service (RDS) can now keep track of their databases with new notifications via email and SMS.
AppSense has released MobileNow, a cloud-based service that combines device and application administration features, as it hopes to take a bite out of the growing mobile management market.
Virtualization software provider VMware has invested US$30 million in Puppet Labs, which makes a widely used, open-source operations management software package called Puppet.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has added PowerShell to the management options for its cloud, in a move that reaches out to the Windows community.
In a move aimed at strengthening its ability to offer converged systems, Dell has acquired infrastructure automation software provider Gale Technologies.
Facebook has beaten some of the limitations of the Apache Hadoop data processing platform, its engineers assert.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
IT spending in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) will reach US$1.154 trillion in 2013, a 1.4 percent increase from this year, thanks to the increasing popularity of mobile devices, market research company Gartner said on Monday.
Riverbed Technology will acquire Opnet Technologies for about US$1 billion, the two companies said Monday.
Hewlett-Packard has launched a hosted offering called HP Service Anywhere, providing IT service management (ITSM) software over the Internet.
With some funding from Google and the U.S. Energy Department, a pair of computer scientists at Dartmouth University are updating the venerable grep and diff Unix command line utilities to handle more complex types of data.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) management tool will from now on tell users about upcoming scheduled operational activities that will affect the availability of its cloud, the company <a href="http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2011/11/ec2-instance-status-moni...
RightScale is adding OpenStack and SoftLayer to the list of cloud services that can be managed from its RightScale Cloud Management Platform.
SAP customers seeking to move from traditional deployments to a private cloud architecture have a new option from Accenture, the companies announced Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA