Mobile carrier Sprint faces an uncertain future after announcing it is replacing long-time CEO Dan Hesse and reportedly abandoning its bid to by competitor T-Mobile USA.
Sprint has named Marcelo Claure to replace Dan Hesse as president and CEO, after giving up on its effort to acquire T-Mobile USA.
Sprint is giving up its plan to acquire T-Mobile USA and will name a new CEO as soon as Wednesday, according to several news reports.
Mobile carriers have pulled in hundreds of millions in profits through third-party charges tacked onto customers' bills without their consent, according to a report from a U.S. Senate committee.
Isis, a mobile payments service that has struggled to gain traction despite the backing of AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon, is now working toward a new name to avoid association with the Sunni militant group formerly known as ISIS.
T-Mobile USA made hundreds of millions of dollars by charging customers for purported "premium" SMS subscriptions that, in many cases, they never ordered, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission says.
Sprint has reached a deal to buy T-Mobile US for about US$50 billion, according to news reports on Wednesday.
Deutsche Telekom has agreed to an offer for Japanese mobile and broadband company SoftBank to buy T-Mobile USA, according to a news report.
T-Mobile USA has rolled out voice over LTE in its home base of Seattle, offering high-definition voice and promising benefits to subscribers from a technology that in time could save carriers a lot of money.
BlackBerry will not renew the license of T-Mobile US to sell its products when it expires later this month, the smartphone maker said.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
Executives with three U.S. mobile carriers have voiced support for an effort in the U.S. Congress to encourage mobile carriers to offer services to customers that would render smartphones and tablets inoperable if they're stolen.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
Just when it appeared to be over, a public battle of words between senior executives at BlackBerry and T-Mobile USA has reignited.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW