Relations between BlackBerry and T-Mobile have turned frosty after a promotion last week saw T-Mobile BlackBerry users offered a cheap iPhone.
Japanese conglomerate SoftBank and German carrier Deutsche Telekom are close to a deal that would merge T-Mobile US with Sprint, eliminating one of the four major mobile competitors in the U.S., according to the Nikkei news agency.
T-Mobile USA looks set to reveal the next step in its "un-carrier" plan at January's CES in Las Vegas.
Sprint is considering an acquisition of T-Mobile US that would reduce the U.S. mobile industry to three large carriers if approved by regulators.
The top five U.S. mobile operators have agreed to let their customers unlock their devices and move to another provider under pressure from the U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission.
The state attorney general for New York has sent the five largest U.S. cellphone carriers each a letter asking why they all oppose the installation of a "kill-switch" device in their handsets as a deterrent against smartphone theft.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will aim to conduct auctions to sell spectrum now held by television stations to mobile broadband providers in mid-2015, the chairman of the agency said Friday.
The ISIS Mobile Wallet went live on Thursday, bringing NFC-powered shopping to consumers across the U.S. through a venture backed by three of the nation's top four carriers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality regulations, also known as open Internet rules, face a hearing on Monday in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Verizon Communications has challenged the FCC's au...
Patent company Guidance IP has filed a complaint against T-Mobile USA for allegedly infringing a patent related to cell phone geolocation.
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would permanently extend a current moratorium on Internet access taxes in the country.
As the dust settles after SoftBank's US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint, losing bidder Dish Network may be just getting started at stirring up the U.S. mobile industry.
The two biggest mobile operators in the U.S. are fiercely competitive and closely matched in size. So will AT&T's proposed multibillion-dollar acquisition of Leap Wireless change the balance?
T-Mobile said Friday that it has signed an agreement to buy 10MHz of Advanced Wireless Services (AWS) wireless spectrum from U.S. Cellular for US$308 million in cash.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCChange Analyst- O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW