Steve Jobs initially hoped to create his own network with the unlicensed spectrum that Wi-Fi uses rather than work with the mobile operators, said wireless industry legend John Stanton.
AT&T's assertions that its planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will create up to 96,000 new U.S. jobs are "completely unfounded" and contrary to past evidence of similar mergers, one economist said Tuesday.
A judge in the U.S. on Wednesday allowed parts of C Spire Wireless and Sprint Nextel's lawsuits against AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA.
It's clear that companies are increasingly using social networking to connect with customers--Facebook said brands on its site get 100 million "likes" per day--but it's also clear that they are having varying degrees of success.
Major U.S. mobile carriers will begin offering free usage alerts to customers in an effort to help them avoid surprise charges on their bills, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and a mobile trade group announced Monday.
T-Mobile USA unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to U.S. buyers on Monday, just days ahead of a court hearing at which Apple will seek a preliminary injunction to prevent sales of the device in the U.S.
The first two smartphones to run on T-Mobile's fast HSPA+42 network are coming soon, the operator announced Monday.
A U.S. district court judge has scheduled a trial to begin on Feb. 13 in the U.S. Department of Justice's lawsuit opposing AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Seven state attorneys general have joined a U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit attempting to block AT&T's US$39 billion acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
The U.S. Department of Justice would "severely set back growth and competition" in the U.S. mobile telecom market if its efforts to block the acquisition of T-Mobile USA by AT&T are successful, AT&T said in court documents filed Friday.
The U.S. Department of Justice's lawsuit opposing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA may not mean the end of the deal, according to some experts.
Several consumer and digital rights groups applauded the U.S. Department of Justice's opposition to AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA, with critics of the deal saying it would have hurt consumers.
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit to block AT&T from acquiring mobile competitor T-Mobile USA, with the agency saying the US$39 billion deal would significantly reduce competition, jack up prices and stifle innovation.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
Expanding mobile broadband services in the U.S. in the coming years would produce thousands of new jobs and help reverse today's downward employment trend, a group of economic development and business officials said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia