Steve Jobs initially hoped to create his own network with the unlicensed spectrum that Wi-Fi uses rather than work with the mobile operators, said wireless industry legend John Stanton.
AT&T's assertions that its planned acquisition of T-Mobile USA will create up to 96,000 new U.S. jobs are "completely unfounded" and contrary to past evidence of similar mergers, one economist said Tuesday.
A judge in the U.S. on Wednesday allowed parts of C Spire Wireless and Sprint Nextel's lawsuits against AT&T's proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA.
It's clear that companies are increasingly using social networking to connect with customers--Facebook said brands on its site get 100 million "likes" per day--but it's also clear that they are having varying degrees of success.
Major U.S. mobile carriers will begin offering free usage alerts to customers in an effort to help them avoid surprise charges on their bills, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and a mobile trade group announced Monday.
T-Mobile USA unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to U.S. buyers on Monday, just days ahead of a court hearing at which Apple will seek a preliminary injunction to prevent sales of the device in the U.S.
The first two smartphones to run on T-Mobile's fast HSPA+42 network are coming soon, the operator announced Monday.
A U.S. district court judge has scheduled a trial to begin on Feb. 13 in the U.S. Department of Justice's lawsuit opposing AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Seven state attorneys general have joined a U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit attempting to block AT&T's US$39 billion acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
The U.S. Department of Justice would "severely set back growth and competition" in the U.S. mobile telecom market if its efforts to block the acquisition of T-Mobile USA by AT&T are successful, AT&T said in court documents filed Friday.
The U.S. Department of Justice's lawsuit opposing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA may not mean the end of the deal, according to some experts.
Several consumer and digital rights groups applauded the U.S. Department of Justice's opposition to AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA, with critics of the deal saying it would have hurt consumers.
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit to block AT&T from acquiring mobile competitor T-Mobile USA, with the agency saying the US$39 billion deal would significantly reduce competition, jack up prices and stifle innovation.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
Expanding mobile broadband services in the U.S. in the coming years would produce thousands of new jobs and help reverse today's downward employment trend, a group of economic development and business officials said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying $532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW