Few people doubt that 2010 will go down as the year the tablet computer took off. On April 3, the first day of sales, Apple sold 300,000 iPad tablets to eager buyers. Weeks later, Apple announced that it would delay by one month the international lau...
Everyone loves tablet gossip--blame it on our obsession with Apple's iPad--and today's rumor is a good one for Dell and Android fans.
Apple's iPad has been available for a short time, and you can already find apps to watch streaming movies, manage your Web passwords, use Twitter, do word processing and more.
There are passionate views on both sides regarding whether or not the Apple iPad can be an effective business tool, or is merely a consumer gadget. That debate has merit while sitting in your office or the comfort of your home, but if you are plannin...
With leaked specs and a new official video, the HP slate device is coming into focus. That means we can start mercilessly picking apart the things we like and don't like about it. Ah, tech punditry. Here's a short list of ways to justify anticipating...
With iPad buzz reaching a crescendo, Asus chairman Jonney Shih talked up his plans to rival Apple's tablet.
Up close and personal with Lenovo's multitouch netbook
"The netbook is not an experience people are going to continue wanting to have," Apple COO Tim Cook said Tuesday at an investment conference in San Francisco. "When they play with the iPad and experience the magic of using it... I have a hard time be...
Fresh off the unveiling of Apple's iPad tablet PC, we have a whole new batch of tablet rumors--this time regarding a Google Chrome-based tablet device. The Chromium Project, the core behind the development of the Chrome operating system. Has released...
If the technology rumour mill is to be believed, Apple will tomorrow morning announce a new, touch screen-based tablet computer. Set to be unveiled at 5am Thursday morning (AEST), the media event in San Francisco is one of the most anticipated Apple ...
Apple's at it again. What other company could release a series of virtual paint blobs and have it generate pages upon pages of in-depth analysis?
Hardware vendors at last week's Consumer Electronics Show showed off numerous new tablet and notebook designs.
Now that this year's Consumer Electronics Show is history, gadget hounds are turning their attention to a rumored Apple event on January 27, when it is widely believed Apple will announce its mythical tablet device. With just over two weeks until the...
Apple must be patting themselves on the back, as the Hewlett-Packard (HP) tablet unveiled by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer on Wednesday night failed to wow those expecting a true competitor to the mythical Apple tablet.
A venerable New Year's tradition in the tech world entails trotting out year-old predictions by analyst shops and laughing at their off-base prognostications. But here's a surprise: The two biggest analyst firms still standing -- Gartner and IDC -- d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager (Office 365 / Mobility)QLD