Few people doubt that 2010 will go down as the year the tablet computer took off. On April 3, the first day of sales, Apple sold 300,000 iPad tablets to eager buyers. Weeks later, Apple announced that it would delay by one month the international lau...
Everyone loves tablet gossip--blame it on our obsession with Apple's iPad--and today's rumor is a good one for Dell and Android fans.
Apple's iPad has been available for a short time, and you can already find apps to watch streaming movies, manage your Web passwords, use Twitter, do word processing and more.
There are passionate views on both sides regarding whether or not the Apple iPad can be an effective business tool, or is merely a consumer gadget. That debate has merit while sitting in your office or the comfort of your home, but if you are plannin...
With leaked specs and a new official video, the HP slate device is coming into focus. That means we can start mercilessly picking apart the things we like and don't like about it. Ah, tech punditry. Here's a short list of ways to justify anticipating...
With iPad buzz reaching a crescendo, Asus chairman Jonney Shih talked up his plans to rival Apple's tablet.
Up close and personal with Lenovo's multitouch netbook
"The netbook is not an experience people are going to continue wanting to have," Apple COO Tim Cook said Tuesday at an investment conference in San Francisco. "When they play with the iPad and experience the magic of using it... I have a hard time be...
Fresh off the unveiling of Apple's iPad tablet PC, we have a whole new batch of tablet rumors--this time regarding a Google Chrome-based tablet device. The Chromium Project, the core behind the development of the Chrome operating system. Has released...
If the technology rumour mill is to be believed, Apple will tomorrow morning announce a new, touch screen-based tablet computer. Set to be unveiled at 5am Thursday morning (AEST), the media event in San Francisco is one of the most anticipated Apple ...
Apple's at it again. What other company could release a series of virtual paint blobs and have it generate pages upon pages of in-depth analysis?
Hardware vendors at last week's Consumer Electronics Show showed off numerous new tablet and notebook designs.
Now that this year's Consumer Electronics Show is history, gadget hounds are turning their attention to a rumored Apple event on January 27, when it is widely believed Apple will announce its mythical tablet device. With just over two weeks until the...
Apple must be patting themselves on the back, as the Hewlett-Packard (HP) tablet unveiled by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer on Wednesday night failed to wow those expecting a true competitor to the mythical Apple tablet.
A venerable New Year's tradition in the tech world entails trotting out year-old predictions by analyst shops and laughing at their off-base prognostications. But here's a surprise: The two biggest analyst firms still standing -- Gartner and IDC -- d...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC