Optus has announced that it is now selling Motorola's Xoom Android tablet, and has priced the tablet device considerably lower than rival Telstra.
A Chinese court sentenced three persons to prison for stealing information on Apple's iPad 2 design, which was used to make protective cases for the device months before the hit tablet was even launched.
Further evidence that Apple is planning to increase the display resolution of the iPad 3 has emerged.
A recall of some Apple iPads could further constrain supplies of the popular tablet device at a time when the company is already struggling to meet demand.
A new version of the BlackBerry Tablet OS will soon be available to all BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users, to address a security issue raised by Adobe about its Flash Player, Research In Motion said Sunday.
Apple has halted the delivery of a small number of iPad 2s designed to work on the Verizon Wireless network because of a manufacturing glitch, according to news reports Friday.
Dell will first launch its Streak 10 Pro tablet in China, putting other markets like the U.S. and Europe on hold in order to give developers more time to create the necessary apps.
In the realm of Android tablets, standing out from the pack is becoming an increasingly challenging task for manufacturers. With its new Galaxy Tab 10.1 device, Samsung has managed to set itself apart with a quality few have achieved: sexiness.
Tablet makers who want to compete with Apple have to cut the prices of their products, Richard Windsor, global technology specialist at Nomura Securities, said during a presentation at the Open Mobile Summit in London on Thursday.
Apple's iPad and other tablets are causing consumers to delay laptop purchases, Gartner said Wednesday as it downgraded PC shipment projections.
Shipments of inexpensive tablets from little-known vendors are growing as customers avoid the price of premium tablets such as Apple's iPad, DisplaySearch said in research released on Tuesday.
The first tablets based on Intel's processor code-named Oak Trail started shipping late last week, with the initial models targeted at businesses.
A neurology patient at a Texas hospital may soon find doctors handing him an iPad with game-like apps on it to test his motor skills. Nurses will be able to roam bedsides while remotely checking electrocardiograms, or EKGs, on their iPads. Doctors ar...
Microsoft has presented the Windows 8 user interface and displayed various devices on which the next version of Windows will run.
If cell phone maker Nokia rolls out a tablet device one day, it will be late to a game where its competitors have a big head start.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC