Microsoft confirmed it has canceled further development and production on its tablet project, codenamed Courier, which industry watchers speculated could help drive down costs of Apple's popular iPad.
Hewlett-Packard's purchase of Palm could redefine the PC maker's mobile OS strategy, potentially impacting the company's reliance on Microsoft operating systems.
The iPad appears to be selling well in Asia despite the fact that Apple's official overseas launch isn't until the end of May, as specialty stores obtain them to resell at premium prices and travelers to the U.S. bring them home.
Australia's three main telcos -- VHA, Telstra and Optus -- have all announced today that they are offering a series of mobile broadband plans for the upcoming Apple iPad.
Apple's iPad is about twice as fast as the current iPhone, according to recently-published benchmark tests.
Hewlett-Packard this week started leaking information about its upcomping tablet computer, apparently hoping to take advantage of the hype and buzz surrounding Saturday's release Apple's iPad tablet computer.
Worldwide netbook shipments are expected to grow in the first quarter of 2010, but could be affected as handheld tablets like the iPad gain in popularity, research firm DisplaySearch said in a study released on Monday.
So the iPad has arrived to what can only be described as excessive fanfare. But will tablets become the gadget of choice for consumers who want to kick back and browse the Web, check e-mail, read an e-book or magazine, play games, or watch a movie? I...
Taiwanese companies will show off "at least 10" devices similar to Apple's upcoming iPad at the Computex electronics show in June, one of the event's organizers said Tuesday.
Apple's latest iPad software development kit nixes references to video calling and chatting, creating uncertainty about the chances of a camera coming to the iPad.
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer plans to launch its own e-reader and a tablet PC to rival Apple's iPad in the second half of this year.
Sony hinted on Thursday that it's preparing a challenger to Apple's upcoming iPad.
The iPad is too big and lacks communication capabilities, argued the former Apple executive who oversaw the demise of the company's iconic-but-flawed Newton more than a decade ago.
Fusion Garage, the Singaporean startup company locked in a feud with U.S. news site TechCrunch over a tablet computer they jointly developed, said the device -- called the JooJoo tablet -- is now in full production, thanks to backing from Malaysia's ...
Like a rising tide lifting all boats, Apple Inc.'s high-profile iPad will help sales of all media tablets to grow nearly 15-fold over the next five years, ABI Research Inc. predicted on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- CCChange AnalystACT
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTSAP SD/MM ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD