Here come the iPad competitors of 2011
Almost three weeks after its rivals launched Samsung’s hyped Galaxy Tab Android tablet on Australian shores, the nation’s biggest telco Telstra has come to the party, launching the same device on a range of monthly plans.
Avaya is introducing a powerful Android-based touchscreen tablet that supports new communications software in a package to rival Cisco's recently announced Cius communications tablet.
Samsung has released a teaser video showing off its upcoming tablet device that is set to challenge the Apple iPad.
Nokia is working with suppliers and designers in an effort to bring a new touchscreen tablet device into market by this fall, an analyst at Rodman Renshaw told TheStreet.com yesterday.
A knock-off MacBook Air running Windows, a tablet computer shaped like a big iPhone and another tablet meant to rival Apple's iPad were all among the devices shown off by a small Chinese gadget maker on Thursday.
Intel is going after the tablet market for its low-power processors, including an upcoming Atom processor designed for mobile phones, the company said.
Attention Apple fan-boys and -girls: Read no further. But if you run a small business and want to avoid wasting money and brain cells on superfluous technology, forget about the iSlate or whatever Apple is going to call its tablet computing device. I...
Just as the rumours of a pricey Apple tablet computer have reached a high-water mark Freescale Semiconductor on Monday showcased reference designs of an affordable, lightweight tablet computer, which is set to hit the market later this year.
Steve Jobs plans to unveil Apple's much-hyped but still unconfirmed tablet device next month, and it will come with 3D graphics and a price tag below US$1000, according to former Google China president Kai-Fu Lee.
Skeptics are criticizing the nonprofit One Laptop Per Child for losing its educational focus by designing unrealistic hardware at a price point that cannot be achieved.
A just-published Apple patent application for hand-writing recognition on pen-based computers has re-ignited speculation the company will soon unveil a tablet device. But if that's Apple's plan, the company may be in a furious race with Microsoft, wh...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT