The ASUS Vivo Tab RT handles many tasks well. But as a tablet—one of the first running Windows RT to reach my desk—it falls short of its Apple iPad and Google Android competition.
We've got all the Australian details of the iPad mini you need to know.
Apple has finally lifted the lid on one of the most widely rumoured products of the year, the iPad mini. The 7.9in screened tablet is the company's first foray into the smaller tablet market.
Here's how the iPad Mini's announced tech specs stack up against popular 7-inch tablets from Google and Amazon. (Of course, while the specs are important, there's more to a tablet than a data sheet. Computerworld will have a hands-on review of the iP...
Though some of us didn’t believe it would happen, all signs point to Apple unveiling a smaller iPad (among other things) at its October 23 event.
Tablets in 2011 may have been outshone by their smartphone counterparts, but there is no doubting it was still a landmark year for this relatively new category.
Not everybody can afford to gift an iPad 2 as a Christmas present, but that doesn't mean you should forget the tablet fun! Here are 10 cool iPad accessories that shouldn't blow your budget.
Apple has just won a Federal Court case which prevents Samsung from selling the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet in Australia in the immediate future. However, if you're an Aussie who desperately wants to get your hands on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 right now...
Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interest...
Tablets are clearly one of the hottest tech categories in 2011, and the emerging slate market shows no sign of slowing down. Two of the most popular iPad 2 alternatives are the Motorola Xoom, and the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Apple's iPad 2 may be flying off the shelves, but the launch of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet (available in September) makes for an interesting battle. Though it's yet another Android tablet, the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet is one of the first that will be t...
The tech world was rocked earlier this week when Google announced its purchase of Motorola Mobility, but that was nothing compared with HP's bombshell. HP announced in one fell swoop that it is abandoning both the PC and mobile device markets. PCs wi...
Tablets are the hot tech product of 2011, but most seem to offer very little differentiation in screen size, specifications and software. Lenovo is at least attempting something new with its ThinkPad Tablet: it's aimed squarely at business users and ...
Apple's iPad 2 is clearly the market leader, but Samsung has ruffled a few feathers with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet -- so much so that Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and forced Samsung to postpone the launch ev...
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too", but Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW