Finnish smartphone startup Jolla is hoping to break into the tablet market with its Sailfish OS running on a device with a high-resolution 7.85-inch screen.
Nokia is once again developing mobile devices, and this time the company is using Android. The N1 tablet has a high-resolution 7.9-inch screen and a 5-megapixel front camera.
Nvidia's online game-streaming service will launch next week after a year-long beta testing period, but it will only be available to owners of the company's Shield tablet and handheld gaming console.
Fast-rising smartphone maker Xiaomi has quickly become one of China's biggest tablet makers as well, but Apple is still holding steady as the country's top vendor, according to new data.
Dell will bring virtual reality to more Windows and Android devices next year, replacing 2D cameras with depth-sensing 3D cameras.
Wanting to spice up its PC convertibles, Acer has come out with a device that can take on five different shapes with the help of a flexible kickstand and a detachable wireless keyboard.
RCA unexpectedly jolted an otherwise slowing tablet market in the third quarter as Apple's iPad shipments continued to decline.
Dropbox isn't satisfied that its cloud storage and file-sharing service has more than 300 million subscribers, so it's actively seeking partnerships to grow its user base, landing HP and Acer on Tuesday.
The first products from Apple's mobile enterprise partnership with IBM will roll out next month, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook, who said the partnership "could change the way people work."
Apple’s glossy new tablets were accompanied by new iMacs and OS X Yosemite.
Apple's iPad Air 2 is thinner and lighter than its predecessor, and should be speedier as well, thanks to a new processor.
Apple seems to have inadvertently leaked details of new iPads that are expected to be announced Thursday.
Google is finally bringing its latest Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system -- code-named Android L -- to mobile devices with a Nexus 9 tablet and Nexus 6 phablet.
Asustek's Padfone X Mini, which can be used either as a smartphone or a tablet, will be available in the U.S. starting next week.
Lenovo's Android-based Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, which ultra high-resolution 13-inch screen and an integrated projector, will be out at the end of the month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Kobo develops an eReader for Australia's beaches
- Traces of Regin malware may date back to 2006
- Hands-on with the Samsung NX1 camera
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC