Microsoft wants laptop diehards to switch over to its lightweight Surface 3 tablet, which will offer PC-like performance and be eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 later this year.
With Android and iOS dominating the tablet market, Mozilla's Firefox OS hasn't had much of a look in. It's now getting a bit of help from ARM rival Imagination Technologies, which has ported a version of Firefox to a prototype tablet based on its MIP...
Once considered a lost cause in the tablet market, Microsoft's Windows will take market share from Apple's iOS and Google's Android in the coming years, according to IDC.
Google has opened its first shop-within-a-shop in London, yet another retail experiment by the company, which already has counters in third-party stores.
If you’re curious to know exactly what’s going on with your Android device, FinalWire’s AIDA64 is a nifty app you’ll want to grab. It delves into the finer details of your system to let you know everything from the specific model of your phone, to ex...
Apple has delayed the production of its larger-screen iPads, as it works out the final design and features for the product targeted at businesses.
In this review, we looked at two types of business-class tablets, traditional tablets used by the sales force or other front-office workers, and ruggedised devices that can be used on the factory floor or other back-office environments.
Intel's Cherry Trail Atom chips are almost here, and if you're in the market for an Intel-based tablet the future looks bright.
Finnish company Jolla seems to be making good progress on its first tablet, which runs an improved version of its Sailfish operating system.
Intel hopes to reignite excitement in tablets with its new Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail, which will be in devices in a few months.
Finnish companies Jolla and SSH Communications Security are counting on their European origins to help sell a secure mobile operating system they are co-developing.
By putting its flagship tablet on a diet, improving cameras and battery life, Sony wants to bring back some luster to the tablet market.
Most Chromebooks today are running Intel processors, but chipmaker Mediatek wants to change that as it sees an opportunity to expand its market beyond Android tablets and smartphones.
Tablets running 64-bit Android haven't been out for long but prices are already set to fall fast.
MediaTek is making a run to capture the processor performance crown for Android tablets with its 64-bit MT8173 mobile chip, set to go into devices during the second half of this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook tracks all site vistors, violating EU law, report says
- Cloudyn helps companies keep track of Microsoft Azure deployments
- Lebanese cyberespionage campaign hits defense, telecom, media firms worldwide
- Microsoft's Surface 3 starts at $499, eligible for free Windows 10 upgrade
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, March 31
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW