Photographs of what appears to be the front panel of Apple's upcoming fifth-generation iPad have surfaced online this week, with the purported leaked part hinting that the iPad 5 will have an iPad mini-like design.
Microsoft is planning to develop a 7in Surface tablet to compete with Apple's iPad mini and the Google Nexus 7, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Reports claim that a new iPad 5 will feature a thinner and lighter design that will have a thinner bezel. However, earlier claims that it will launch this month have been shelved after it emerged that it will not enter production in July or August, a...
Microsoft is said to be planning a 7-inch version of its Surface tablet to help it compete with similar size devices from Apple and Google.
Microsoft is trying to stamp out concerns about its Surface Pro warranty policy in China just over a week after Apple apologized for its own customer service woes in the country.
Increasingly the iPad is found not just attached to recumbent bodies on a couch but in businesses as well. With that in mind, Macworld, under the guidance of one of our guests, has introduced The iPad Office ebook. I'm joined by that book's editor, S...
The third time might be the charm for Microsoft, which just released a third update in as many months meant to fix Wi-Fi connectivity issues plaguing the Surface RT tablet.
Google has finally launched its Play Music service in Australia, almost a year and a half since it made its debut in the US.
Intel's upcoming "Bay Trail" Atom processor is aimed at the low-end market, and promises to deliver convertible PCs and notebooks with all-day battery life at budget prices.
The Galaxy Note 8.0 is Samsung's stylus-equipped answer to the iPad Mini, but it'll be a tough sell when it launches April 11 for US$399.
There's been a lot of talk about how Apple needs to make a budget iPhone for the emerging markets of China and India, now a European telecom CEO has suggested that Apple needs a low-cost iPhone for the European market.
New patent describes a method for conducting a transaction, does it mean we may be a step closer to Apple debuting NFC technology on its iOS devices?
Apple's iPhone model numbers 'send a weak message', according to a branding consultant who used to work with the company.
Akamai Technologies demonstrated a prototype second-screen system that presents complementary content on a smartphone or tablet that is synchronized with what's happening on the main television screen.
iOS 7 likely to feature Street View-style upgrade for Maps, after Apple applies for a '3D position tracking' patent.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS