Apple's design chief Jony Ive is pushing for a "flatter design" for iOS 7, according to a new report.
Google has released a new international commercial for its Nexus 10 tablet, attempting to highlight a number of Jelly Bean specific Android features.
Apple's next generation iPhone, dubbed iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, will have a 'killer feature' to trump Samsung's new Galaxy S4 smartphone, an analyst has said.
As PC sales remain sluggish, analysts expect Taiwanese vendors Acer and Asustek Computer to try to seize today's changing tech market with low-end Android tablets, for which consumer demand is high.
What's the big deal about the Galaxy S4 and should Apple be worried? The general consensus appears to be no, and following the S4 announcement even Apple's share price has been on the rise.
Apple has launched a new advertising campaign for its iPhone, highlighting the reasons people love the smartphone through a "Why iPhone" web page and a promotional email.
Police hunt for stolen iPhone after suspect accidently posts a picture of himself smoking pot to victim's Facebook
Microsoft's Surface RT and Surface Pro haven't made much of a dent in the tablet market, according to unofficial sales estimates.
While U.S. markets have surged lately, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting milestone after milestone in 10 straight days of advances, a relatively modest increase in the value of IT company shares reflects the reality that a rising tide wil...
New Apple Patent describes Smart Cover that acts as inductive charging point. New cover set to provide wireless electricity to iPad and other devices.
Samsung has today announced availability and pricing details for its upcoming Galaxy Note 8.0 Android tablet. The Wi-Fi only model will sell for $459 outright and be available in "early April".
Apple brings Flyover, 3D buildings, Turn-by-turn navigation improvements to Maps, updates Apple Store app
Apple has been quietly updating its Maps app as it works hard to keep CEO Tim Cook's promise to improve the widely criticised service, and has also updated its official Apple Store app.
We take a look at the sort of apps and features an iWatch will have, if Apple does release it. Thinking things through has led us to believe that the iWatch could act as the cheaper iPhone nano that people are clamouring for.
Try this, try that and see what entices customers. That's the mantra for tablet makers that are experimenting with new tablet features in the elusive quest to deliver the next big hit.
An analyst is predicting that the Apple television won't launch until next year due to screen issues, and that the next iPhone will be delayed due to issues with colour casing production. But iWatch will launch this year, and will cost $200.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW