Apple's design chief Jony Ive is pushing for a "flatter design" for iOS 7, according to a new report.
Google has released a new international commercial for its Nexus 10 tablet, attempting to highlight a number of Jelly Bean specific Android features.
Apple's next generation iPhone, dubbed iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, will have a 'killer feature' to trump Samsung's new Galaxy S4 smartphone, an analyst has said.
As PC sales remain sluggish, analysts expect Taiwanese vendors Acer and Asustek Computer to try to seize today's changing tech market with low-end Android tablets, for which consumer demand is high.
What's the big deal about the Galaxy S4 and should Apple be worried? The general consensus appears to be no, and following the S4 announcement even Apple's share price has been on the rise.
Apple has launched a new advertising campaign for its iPhone, highlighting the reasons people love the smartphone through a "Why iPhone" web page and a promotional email.
Police hunt for stolen iPhone after suspect accidently posts a picture of himself smoking pot to victim's Facebook
Microsoft's Surface RT and Surface Pro haven't made much of a dent in the tablet market, according to unofficial sales estimates.
While U.S. markets have surged lately, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting milestone after milestone in 10 straight days of advances, a relatively modest increase in the value of IT company shares reflects the reality that a rising tide wil...
New Apple Patent describes Smart Cover that acts as inductive charging point. New cover set to provide wireless electricity to iPad and other devices.
Samsung has today announced availability and pricing details for its upcoming Galaxy Note 8.0 Android tablet. The Wi-Fi only model will sell for $459 outright and be available in "early April".
Apple brings Flyover, 3D buildings, Turn-by-turn navigation improvements to Maps, updates Apple Store app
Apple has been quietly updating its Maps app as it works hard to keep CEO Tim Cook's promise to improve the widely criticised service, and has also updated its official Apple Store app.
We take a look at the sort of apps and features an iWatch will have, if Apple does release it. Thinking things through has led us to believe that the iWatch could act as the cheaper iPhone nano that people are clamouring for.
Try this, try that and see what entices customers. That's the mantra for tablet makers that are experimenting with new tablet features in the elusive quest to deliver the next big hit.
An analyst is predicting that the Apple television won't launch until next year due to screen issues, and that the next iPhone will be delayed due to issues with colour casing production. But iWatch will launch this year, and will cost $200.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW