Although Microsoft likes to say the Surface Windows 8 Pro is a full-blown PC, it's not nearly as repairable as a typical laptop.
Apple has won a new patent covering "microslot antenna" technology that could enable the next iPhone, iPad or MacBook to be thinner, or could leave more space within the device's housing for internal components. The technology could also allow Apple ...
Apple's iPad certainly has a whole variety of uses. One of the coolest we've come across specifically is iPad mini being professionally installed into a car dashboard.
Apple has been blamed for the potentially dangerous flaws found in the FireReady bushfire information iOS app.
Friends of the Earth is accusing Apple and Samsung of "trashing tropical forests and coral reefs in Indonesia" due to the use of tin in the iPhone and iPad.
Following the alleged discovery iPhone prototypes with multiple screen sizes, an analyst has claimed that he is "now confident" that Apple will launch a low-cost iPhone this year.
Apple will not create a new, inexpensive iPhone just for the sake of offering a cheaper alternative, Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a speech on Tuesday.
Microsoft will support its Surface Pro tablet until July 2017, or almost four-and-a-half years after its launch last weekend, the company's website confirmed.
Apple is paid an estimated $1 billion a year by Google for positioning its search engine as the default option on iOS devices, an analyst has said.
Tela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility, before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
When the US inventory of the 128GB version of Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet dried up within hours after going on sale Saturday, there were plenty of disappointed shoppers.
A newly published patent application indicates that that Apple is considering a new security feature for its future devices that would replace passcodes with an image recognition system.
Microsoft's Surface Windows 8 Pro tablet is at the top of the wish list for information workers, as is Apple's iPhone, according to a report on mobile trends released by Forrester Research last week.
Just hours after Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro went on sale Saturday, the 128GB version of the tablet sold out online.
Sends out text to customers warning that update will cause problems
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW