Ever needed a way to charge your iPhone while out camping? A new video shows how fire or ice can charge an iPhone using a thermoelectric generator.
Apple may use oxide-based LCD screens for a next generation iPad with a "stunning" screen that is thinner and more power efficient.
New research has found that more than half of iPhone users don't browse past the top 25 apps in Apple's iOS App Store.
Sony unveiled the Xperia Z tablet on Monday, a 10-inch device that the manufacturer hopes will reinvigorate a reputation for building premium products that rivaled Apple's.
Microsoft will ship the Surface Windows 8 Pro tablet with an Intel Core i5 processor on Feb. 9, with prices starting at US$899.
Report: Sharp reduces full-size iPad display production to 'minimal level', is Apple gearing up for iPad 5?
Sharp has reduced production of Apple's 9.7in iPad displays to a 'minimal level' in Japan, a new report suggests, claiming that the rise in demand for the iPad mini could be contributing to a decrease in full-size iPad sales, and that Apple could be ...
The first mobile devices with Qualcomm's quad-core Snapdragon chip featuring an integrated modem will be shown off later this month, the company said on Monday.
Apple could be working on three new iPhones for launch this year, including an iPhone 6, an iPhone with a 12-megapixel camera, and a bigger, 4.8-inch iPhone, which the latest rumours are calling the 'iPhone math. Yes, really.
Sony has expanded its portfolio of Android-based products with the Tablet Z, which is thinner and lighter than competing products from Apple and Google.
The alleged cuts of iPhone 5 component orders are due to an upcoming 'evolutionary technology update' for the iPhone 6, not a lack of demand for Apple's smartphone, an analyst has suggested.
A designer has created a 3D model to illustrate what Apple's iPad 5 could look like, based on the latest rumours that suggest that Apple's fifth-generation iPad will be thinner and lighter than the iPad 4, adopting a similar design to the iPad mini.
Samsung is now updating its Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 tablets with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and new stylus functions through Samsung Premium Suite.
With the Apple rumourmill overflowing with speculation about a low-cost iPhone this month, we knew it wouldn't be long before some new mockups hit the web.
Former Apple CEO John Sculley has said that the company should focus on making a cheaper iPhone for emerging markets.
Apple is expected to begin preliminary builds of the next iPhone, dubbed iPhone 6 or iPhone 5S, in March, in preparation for a June or July launch, an analyst has said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC