Telstra, Optus and Vodafone will sell Apple's Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad mini in "the coming weeks", while the latest 4th Generation iPad is available through all three carriers now, it was announced today.
Apple has won a patent for an advanced journaling system that can add timestamps and geotags to any event on an iOS device, including phone calls, app downloads, and each time a song has been played, for example.
Samsung Electronics has alleged that three recent products from Apple, including the iPad mini, infringe on its patents.
Although Google and Microsoft don't exactly get along, that hasn't stopped Skype from updating its Android app with tablet support and improved audio quality.
At long last, third-party Lightning-connector accessories, for the latest generations of iPhone, iPad, and iPod, are starting to hit the market, and those add-ons form the bulk of this week's accessory roundup.
A man who exposed a major privacy weakness that divulged email addresses of iPad users on AT&T's network plans to appeal his conviction on two felony charges.
Nokia's new Here Maps for iPhone and iPad launched in the App Store Monday, the latest offering in the flood of navigation apps trying to take advantage of widespread dissatisfaction with Apple's new native Maps app that, in iOS 6, replaced Google as...
Apple is expected to begin placing orders for the 'iPhone 5S' (also dubbed iPhone 6) and next-generation iPad early next year, according to new reports.
First-time surprise entrant Wipro tops the list of rankings in the 18th edition of the Greenpeace "Guide to Greener Electronics," with Apple dropping two spots to sixth compared to last year's study.
Survey: iPad mini appealing to first time tablet buyers ditching PCs, not eating away at 10in iPad sales
The iPad mini's cannibalisation of the full-size iPad could be smaller than anticipated, a new survey has revealed.
Apple's iPad shipments for China nearly doubled in the third quarter, after Apple settled in July a lengthy dispute over the iPad trademark name that once threatened to ban the device from store shelves in the country.
Don't expect HP to have a change of heart about building Windows RT devices anytime soon.
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Some users of Microsoft's new Surface tablet are complaining about connectivity issues that are preventing them from getting on the Internet, according to posts on Microsoft's Surface support forum.
Apple has begun notifying customers who have ordered 4G LTE compatible iPad minis that their devices have been shipped.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW