Apple's iPhone 5 is proving difficult for hackers to jailbreak, but it looks like they're getting closer.
Apple has patented a design for an iPhone package that can transform into a simple charging dock.
AT&T will start offering the first Windows RT tablet with LTE capabilities on Friday with prices beginning at US$499, the U.S. wireless carrier said on Tuesday.
Apple has released the second beta of iOS 6.1 to developers, with Map Kit enhancements and Passbook improvements, alongside a new Apple TV software beta and a new preview of Xcode 4.6.
Norwegian company Elliptic Labs' touchless gesturing technology allows users to control devices by waving their hands in front of the screen, and the first implementation has been tailored for Windows 8 PCs, the company said on Tuesday.
Apple will begin the trial production process for the 'iPhone 5S' in December, according to new reports.
Despite Microsoft's big marketing push, sales of the Surface RT tablet have started "modestly," Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer says in a recent interview. The tablet is also drawing some gripes and less interest than Microsoft likely wants.
The iPhone 5 appears to be suffering from a touch-based input 'glitch' that causes the display to pause or completely stop responding to touch input when the user is swiping back and forth diagonally on the screen in a fast motion.
Microsoft’s hip marketing may be luring people to buy its Surface RT tablets, but it hasn’t prevented some customers from complaining that the touch cover keyboard falls apart.
Here are 10 that made a significant impact in the industry this year, listed in the order of their releases
Respondents largely opted for tablets over PCs in a survey asking which computer they had on their holiday wish list.
Analyst Horace Dediu notes that Apple spent $2.3 billion more than forecast and suggests that it was to bail out Sharp.
Speculation about Microsoft Office's arrival on iPad, iPhone and Android has been circulating the web for a while now, but the latest reports suggest that the productivity suite could finally be released on mobile devices early next year.
Lenovo's CEO,Yang Yuanqing, expects the market will gradually move away from entertainment-focused tablets in favor for convertible PCs, which he said can strike a balance between the functions of touch-based tablets and the productivity of a laptop.
Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW