Apple's iPhone 5 is proving difficult for hackers to jailbreak, but it looks like they're getting closer.
Apple has patented a design for an iPhone package that can transform into a simple charging dock.
AT&T will start offering the first Windows RT tablet with LTE capabilities on Friday with prices beginning at US$499, the U.S. wireless carrier said on Tuesday.
Apple has released the second beta of iOS 6.1 to developers, with Map Kit enhancements and Passbook improvements, alongside a new Apple TV software beta and a new preview of Xcode 4.6.
Norwegian company Elliptic Labs' touchless gesturing technology allows users to control devices by waving their hands in front of the screen, and the first implementation has been tailored for Windows 8 PCs, the company said on Tuesday.
Apple will begin the trial production process for the 'iPhone 5S' in December, according to new reports.
Despite Microsoft's big marketing push, sales of the Surface RT tablet have started "modestly," Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer says in a recent interview. The tablet is also drawing some gripes and less interest than Microsoft likely wants.
The iPhone 5 appears to be suffering from a touch-based input 'glitch' that causes the display to pause or completely stop responding to touch input when the user is swiping back and forth diagonally on the screen in a fast motion.
Microsoft’s hip marketing may be luring people to buy its Surface RT tablets, but it hasn’t prevented some customers from complaining that the touch cover keyboard falls apart.
Here are 10 that made a significant impact in the industry this year, listed in the order of their releases
Respondents largely opted for tablets over PCs in a survey asking which computer they had on their holiday wish list.
Analyst Horace Dediu notes that Apple spent $2.3 billion more than forecast and suggests that it was to bail out Sharp.
Speculation about Microsoft Office's arrival on iPad, iPhone and Android has been circulating the web for a while now, but the latest reports suggest that the productivity suite could finally be released on mobile devices early next year.
Lenovo's CEO,Yang Yuanqing, expects the market will gradually move away from entertainment-focused tablets in favor for convertible PCs, which he said can strike a balance between the functions of touch-based tablets and the productivity of a laptop.
Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW