Here are 10 that made a significant impact in the industry this year, listed in the order of their releases
Respondents largely opted for tablets over PCs in a survey asking which computer they had on their holiday wish list.
Analyst Horace Dediu notes that Apple spent $2.3 billion more than forecast and suggests that it was to bail out Sharp.
Speculation about Microsoft Office's arrival on iPad, iPhone and Android has been circulating the web for a while now, but the latest reports suggest that the productivity suite could finally be released on mobile devices early next year.
Lenovo's CEO,Yang Yuanqing, expects the market will gradually move away from entertainment-focused tablets in favor for convertible PCs, which he said can strike a balance between the functions of touch-based tablets and the productivity of a laptop.
Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
A new report has sparked a debate about the possibility of Apple rejecting Google's Maps app for iOS, which is expected to be submitted to the App Store later this year.
An analyst has predicted that Apple has sold two million iPad minis since its launch last week.
Microsoft makes more than $300 on each Surface RT tablet it sells, showing that the company has adopted the business model of its rival, Apple, analysts said.
Microsoft is building a 7-in. mini Surface tablet focused on gaming, possibly called the Xbox Surface, according to various reports.
Gartner report that 1.2 billion smart devices will be purchased in 2013, breaking the 1 billion mark for the first time.
Don't be fooled by the advertised 32GB of storage in Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT tablet. The actual amount of available storage in the $500 model is closer to 16GB.
British chip designer Imagination Technologies plans to acquire the operating business of processor maker MIPS Technologies, as well as some of its patents, in an effort to strengthen its position on smartphones. At the same time MIPS has also sold a...
Microsoft has confirmed what many had suspected, that it didn't offer a 16GB Surface RT tablet because there would have been virtually no room for customer content on the device.
Apple has announced that it sold three million iPads during the first weekend following the launch of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCData AnalystNSW