Lenovo's CEO,Yang Yuanqing, expects the market will gradually move away from entertainment-focused tablets in favor for convertible PCs, which he said can strike a balance between the functions of touch-based tablets and the productivity of a laptop.
Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
A new report has sparked a debate about the possibility of Apple rejecting Google's Maps app for iOS, which is expected to be submitted to the App Store later this year.
An analyst has predicted that Apple has sold two million iPad minis since its launch last week.
Microsoft makes more than $300 on each Surface RT tablet it sells, showing that the company has adopted the business model of its rival, Apple, analysts said.
Microsoft is building a 7-in. mini Surface tablet focused on gaming, possibly called the Xbox Surface, according to various reports.
Gartner report that 1.2 billion smart devices will be purchased in 2013, breaking the 1 billion mark for the first time.
Don't be fooled by the advertised 32GB of storage in Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT tablet. The actual amount of available storage in the $500 model is closer to 16GB.
British chip designer Imagination Technologies plans to acquire the operating business of processor maker MIPS Technologies, as well as some of its patents, in an effort to strengthen its position on smartphones. At the same time MIPS has also sold a...
Microsoft has confirmed what many had suspected, that it didn't offer a 16GB Surface RT tablet because there would have been virtually no room for customer content on the device.
Apple has announced that it sold three million iPads during the first weekend following the launch of the iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad.
A teardown of Apple's new iPad mini by IHS iSuppli reveals that each 16GB WiFi only model of the 7.9in tablets costs roughly $188 (£117) to build. This equates to a gross profit margin of approximately 43 per cent for Apple.
If there was any doubt that Apple's iPad would gladly welcome all challengers, look no further than this weekend's sales results. Apple announced on Monday that it had sold 3 million of its newest iPads models, launched in the US and Australia on Fri...
IT spending in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) will reach US$1.154 trillion in 2013, a 1.4 percent increase from this year, thanks to the increasing popularity of mobile devices, market research company Gartner said on Monday.
Oprah Winfrey is wowed, and that’s good news for Microsoft and the prospects for its Surface tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Security Engineer (Aruba ClearPass) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT