Square Trade, who offer warrentees for equipment like laptops and iPads, has published a video on YouTube in which the new iPad mini, Google Nexus 7 and iPad 3 are drop tested to see which one comes of best.
We compare the displays of the iPad mini and iPad 3, with head-to-head comparisons on Safari and iBooks.
Our iPad mini benchmark and iPad 4 benchmark tests show a strong performance from both devices.
The first teardown of an iPad Mini showed few surprises, but the team that took apart Apple's new smaller tablet said it was 'extremely difficult' for do-it-yourselfers to repair
Further to Amazon's attempt to discredit the iPad mini on its home page, Apple has hit back, pointing out that Amazon's claims are incorrect and the iPad mini does have stereo speakers.
There's nothing like the launch of a new iPad to fire up the market for, well, old iPads.
A selection of tech journalist have got their hands on the iPad mini ahead of its release on Friday, and here's what they have to say about Apple's new 7.9 inch tablet.
Texas Instruments has partnered with AllGo Embedded Systems to announce a reference design that will allow Android 4.0 tablets to be built for under US$70, the companies announced Wednesday.
The outspoken creator of Linux, Linus Torvalds, called for laptop makers to follow the tablet world's lead in using the highest-resolution displays possible on mobile devices, in a post on Google Plus.
You won't be able to get your hands on Apple's iPad mini until Friday, but US and European based reviews of the newest, smallest iPad have begun to trickle through today. Let's take a look.
Scott Forstall was major proponent of skeuomorphic design found in iOS and increasingly Mac OS X; Jony Ive said to hate it. Changes at Apple could lead to new design choices for iOS and Mac OS X products.
Benchmarks for Apple's iPad 4 have surfaced online ahead of its launch on Friday.
Apple's lower-priced iPad Mini will significantly cannibalize sales of the company's full-sized iPad, with up to half of customers opting for the smaller tablet, an analyst argued today.
Microsoft's CEO Steven Ballmer has said that his company's new Surface tablet is what customers really want, and competitors such as Apple's iPad, Google's Nexus 7 and Amazon's Kindle Fire are products that you can't really use.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus saw major growth in its tablet shipments in the third quarter with the launch of Google's Nexus 7, and projects the shipments will reach at least 10 million units next year.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSCOM AdministratorACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTArchitect (Technical)NSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Nexus 9k ACINSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- FTIT Business Process Analyst x 3 - (government background)NSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTMS Dynamics DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- FTService Desk Operators (Part time and Full Time)SA
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD