Wanting to spice up its PC convertibles, Acer has come out with a device that can take on five different shapes with the help of a flexible kickstand and a detachable wireless keyboard.
RCA unexpectedly jolted an otherwise slowing tablet market in the third quarter as Apple's iPad shipments continued to decline.
Dropbox isn't satisfied that its cloud storage and file-sharing service has more than 300 million subscribers, so it's actively seeking partnerships to grow its user base, landing HP and Acer on Tuesday.
The first products from Apple's mobile enterprise partnership with IBM will roll out next month, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook, who said the partnership "could change the way people work."
Apple’s glossy new tablets were accompanied by new iMacs and OS X Yosemite.
Apple's iPad Air 2 is thinner and lighter than its predecessor, and should be speedier as well, thanks to a new processor.
Apple seems to have inadvertently leaked details of new iPads that are expected to be announced Thursday.
Google is finally bringing its latest Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system -- code-named Android L -- to mobile devices with a Nexus 9 tablet and Nexus 6 phablet.
Asustek's Padfone X Mini, which can be used either as a smartphone or a tablet, will be available in the U.S. starting next week.
Lenovo's Android-based Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, which ultra high-resolution 13-inch screen and an integrated projector, will be out at the end of the month.
Sony and Verizon Wireless have developed a new smartphone, the Xperia Z3V, which will be sold in the U.S. starting later this month.
The U.S. International Trade Commission, the country's top trade court, is launching an investigation into allegations by Nvidia that several Samsung cellphones and tablet PCs contain graphics technology that infringes on its patents.
Sharp is close to commercializing its first product that uses a MEMS display -- a new type of flat-panel display that boasts deeper and richer colors than traditional LCD screens and lower power consumption.
Lenovo plans on releasing new Yoga tablets and hybrids in time for the end-of-year holiday season, with actor and venture capitalist Ashton Kutcher having a hand in the design and development of the products.
Amazon.com is providing more bang-for-the-buck with four new Fire tablets, with prices starting as low as US$99 for a Fire HD with a 6-inch screen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
- As Windows 10 launches, Microsoft pushes for enterprise adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW