Microsoft's Windows 8 launch on October 26 is nearly here, and new device announcements are coming so fast you need a scorecard to keep up. One of the big themes with this touch-centric Windows release is touchscreens on everything including Ultraboo...
Microsoft Surface with Windows RT customers in Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany are crying foul over further shipping delays of devices that were pre-ordered. Some will have to wait until November to get the popular tablet, reports say.
Some of the biggest names in tech reported quarterly earnings this week, and the resulting picture is not pretty. The main culprit for the weak earnings reported this week is a slump in the PC market, but uncertainty about the global economy is weigh...
Your local Microsoft Store may have a stash of secret vouchers that let you jump the line to buy a Surface with Windows RT (Surface RT) tablet on launch day, October 26, the same day Windows 8 launches.
The changes Samsung Electronics has made to its Galaxy Tab 10.1 are enough so that it is no longer a copy of Apple's iPad, a judge at the district court in Düsseldorf, Germany, said on Thursday.
Research In Motion said Wednesday that the popular game Angry Birds is available on the PlayBook, though not yet on BlackBerry phones which run a different operating system.
Google appears to be building its very own Android tablet, one designed to compete at the high end of slate spectrum.
Zynga's initial public offering Friday, a raft of acquisition announcements this week from IBM, Salesforce and others, and some upbeat reports on the chip and hardware sector are putting a positive spin on year-end news for the tech sector.
Apple is experiencing problems with its iTunes Store and iCloud services, with many Twitter users reporting that they are unable to log in using their Apple ID to download apps.
Research In Motion said it won't start selling phones with its new software platform until the "later part" of 2012 and had to take a US$485 million inventory-related charge on its PlayBook tablet as part of another poor earnings report for the strug...
Apple's extraordinary run over the last few years may begin to show signs of slowing next year--its first year without visionary leader Steve Jobs.
Tablet sales at 18.1 million units during the third quarter were somewhat lower than expected, but stronger-than-expected demand during the rest of the year will give the market a boost, according to market research company IDC.
Apple's iPad 2 is now available from all three major Australian telcos after Optus announced that it would begin to sell the tablet from today on a range of contract plans.
In a reorganization of its mobile business, Intel said Wednesday it has formed a new group, called the Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) that will focus on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW