Research In Motion said it won't start selling phones with its new software platform until the "later part" of 2012 and had to take a US$485 million inventory-related charge on its PlayBook tablet as part of another poor earnings report for the strug...
Apple's extraordinary run over the last few years may begin to show signs of slowing next year--its first year without visionary leader Steve Jobs.
Tablet sales at 18.1 million units during the third quarter were somewhat lower than expected, but stronger-than-expected demand during the rest of the year will give the market a boost, according to market research company IDC.
Apple's iPad 2 is now available from all three major Australian telcos after Optus announced that it would begin to sell the tablet from today on a range of contract plans.
In a reorganization of its mobile business, Intel said Wednesday it has formed a new group, called the Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) that will focus on phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
Despite the widespread belief among Apple-watchers that the next-generation iPad would launch in March 2012, a Citigroup analyst believes it could be earlier that that.
There will be two million iPhone 3GS units produced in the quarter ending December 2011, despite the handset now being more than two years old, it has been claimed.
If recent rumors about Apple's imminent tablet plans are true, the third-generation iPad will arrive sometime between February and April 2012.
Just when we thought the $99 Hewlett-Packard TouchPad was gone forever, the tablet that refuses to die is coming back for one last sale, according to online reports. A limited quantity of refurbished TouchPads will reportedly go on sale at HP's eBay ...
The future of webOS has been hazy since HP announced in August that it will discontinue its webOS line of devices. The HP Veer 4G faded into oblivion, but the HP TouchPad has enjoyed numerous fire sales since the announcement. Today, HP announced tha...
As an open-source project with uncertain backing, webOS has a tough road ahead of it, analysts said on Friday.
Vodafone has become the first Australian telco to announce availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet, with pre-orders for the device opening today at 4pm on both 12 and 24 month contract plans.
Samsung has finally won the right to officially sell its Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet in Australia, following the Federal Court of Australia's decision to reject Apple's request to appeal today.
The Novo7, a 7-inch tablet available in China that runs Ice Cream Sandwich, is set to arrive in the United States in the coming months with an expected price of $99.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW