Research In Motion has rebranded its next generation mobile platform as BlackBerry 10, after its use of the BBX brand ran into a trademark dispute in the U.S.
Responding to increased use of tablets within workplaces, IBM will release on Wednesday several mobile applications designed to let employees use IBM enterprise social collaboration software with iPads and other mobile devices.
A Chinese court has rejected Apple's lawsuits to gain control of the iPad trademark in China, while a little-known Chinese firm raises the stakes and seeks to ban the iconic tablet from being sold in the country under the iPad brand.
A court in the U.S. has barred Research In Motion from using the BBX name at the company's Asian DevCon conference this week in Singapore, after a software company, Basis International, filed for a temporary restraining order in a trademark dispute.
Amazon's Kindle Fire "offers a disappointingly poor user experience," according to an expert on usability.
Though a multitude of competing tablets have entered the marketplace, our results show that the iPad remains miles ahead of the pack in durability, ease of use, and features such as battery life, screen quality, and overall speed.
A first-of-its-kind tablet with Google's Android 4.0 priced under $US100 is now available in China, and will reach other countries soon, according to companies that helped build the device.
Intel claims it has readied Android 4.0 for smartphones and tablets based on its upcoming Atom processor code-named Medfield, raising the possibility of Intel-inside handheld devices being released next year with the new OS.
An Australian court has extended the sales ban on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Tab 10.1 until December 9, giving Apple more time to come up with reasons why the tablet should not be allowed to go on sale.
Apple has responded to criticism from human rights organisations about Siri's failure to understand queries about birth control and abortion.
Apple will sell 28 million iPhones in the December 2011 quarter according to analyst Mark Moskowitz of JP Morgan.
iOS grew its share of the global mobile operating system market to 24.2 percent in November, further stretching its advantage over Android.
The Asus Transformer Prime, the world’s first quad-core tablet, is getting praise from reviewers, who say it might be the best Android tablet yet.
Google's open-source Android 4.0 operating system for smartphones and tablets has been ported to work with x86 processors, a member of an open-source project involved in the effort said this week.
Cisco Systems in the first half of next year will release a tablet with a larger screen than the current Cius, the first move in the company's long-term plans to introduce tablets in multiple sizes, an executive said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW