An Australian court has extended the sales ban on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Tab 10.1 until December 9, giving Apple more time to come up with reasons why the tablet should not be allowed to go on sale.
Apple has responded to criticism from human rights organisations about Siri's failure to understand queries about birth control and abortion.
Apple will sell 28 million iPhones in the December 2011 quarter according to analyst Mark Moskowitz of JP Morgan.
iOS grew its share of the global mobile operating system market to 24.2 percent in November, further stretching its advantage over Android.
The Asus Transformer Prime, the world’s first quad-core tablet, is getting praise from reviewers, who say it might be the best Android tablet yet.
Google's open-source Android 4.0 operating system for smartphones and tablets has been ported to work with x86 processors, a member of an open-source project involved in the effort said this week.
Cisco Systems in the first half of next year will release a tablet with a larger screen than the current Cius, the first move in the company's long-term plans to introduce tablets in multiple sizes, an executive said this week.
If you have a Kindle Fire, and you've rooted the tablet to install Android Market apps and make other adjustments, prepare to do it all over again: the latest Kindle Fire software update, version 6.2, removes root access from the device.
According to a report from Forrester Research, consumer desire to purchase Windows 8 tablets has suffered a massive decrease, slumping from 46 percent in the first quarter of the year to a mediocre 25 percent six months later.
Samsung on Wednesday said it has started shipping test units of its latest dual-core mobile chip based on ARM's new Cortex-A15 processor design, which could boost the performance of applications and graphics on smartphones and tablets.
Apple is seeking to stop Samsung Electronics selling the modified Galaxy Tab 10.1 that it released in Germany in an effort to dodge an earlier injunction obtained by Apple, a spokesman for the company said.
Acer expects to meet its target of shipping 250,000 to 300,000 ultrabooks in the fourth quarter, it said Wednesday, after struggling with declining PC sales this past year.
The Federal Court of Australia has today overturned the preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia, paving the way for the banned tablet to be officially sold Down Under.
A speedy successor to PCI data transfer protocols used in PCs and interconnects like Intel's Thunderbolt is being designed with tablets in mind, a standards-setting organization said on Tuesday.
Interest in tablets with Microsoft's Windows 8 is plummeting, Forrester Research said in a study released on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
- Nokia reaches deal to sell Here business to Audi, BMW Group and Daimler
- Indian government orders ISPs to block 857 porn websites
- DNS server attacks begin using BIND software flaw
- Fake Apple iOS crash reports prove tricky to remove
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW