A German court has upheld a preliminary injunction requested by Apple, preventing Samsung Electronics from selling its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet PC in Germany.
Perhaps you've heard that the HP TouchPad tablet has suffered an untimely demise? There are a lot of lessons that rival tablet vendors can learn from the death of the TouchPad (and the feeding frenzy it created in its wake). More importantly, though,...
Consumers are going absolutely crazy for HP's touchpad thanks to the recent fire sale pricing of $99. The tablet sells out at stores across the country faster than stores can pull them off the trucks. On eBay, the tablets are being sold for upwards o...
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has stepped down from his position as CEO of the company and Tim Cook, Apple's chief operating officer, has been named to take the helm, Apple announced Wednesday.
For those who got their hands on the US$99 HP TouchPad tablet, a few complementary accessories are also available on the cheap. There are TouchPad sleeves priced from under $10 to $30, and discounted screen protectors under $5. But like the TouchPad,...
WebOS wasn't really a bad operating system; it just never really had a purpose.
If you're still looking for a Hewlett-Packard TouchPad at the fire sale price of $99, you still have a few more places to look. But is it worth the effort? After all, HP's decision to stop making WebOS hardware puts the platform in jeopardy, so you m...
The TouchPad may be DOA thanks to HP's recent decision to drop WebOS but you wouldn't know it from the prices the tablet fetches on eBay. After fire sales over the weekend dropped the price of the entry level 16gb TouchPad model down to $99, demand f...
If you've missed out on Hewlett-Packard's close-out deals on the discontinued TouchPad tablet -- $99 for the 16GB model, and $149 for 32GB -- you might want to check out low-cost slates from competing vendors.
Lenovo’s business-orientated tablet, the ThinkPad Tablet, is now available for order and should start shipping within a week. The 10-inch Android device, which Lenovo officially announced a little more than a month ago, boasts an impressive mix of co...
The phenomenal sales of tablets like the iPad, and the feeding frenzy caused by the HP TouchPad fire sale indicate significant demand for tablets. A new survey from Staples Advantage takes a look at how and why people use tablets to try and understan...
Last week, Hewlett-Packard (HP), current "owner" of the webOS mobile OS, made an announcement that would ultimately send a ripple through the modern tablet PC space: HP said it would immediately "discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically...
Here's an interesting defense in the Samsung-Apple patent battle: Samsung claims iPad-like tablets have already been established as "prior art," thanks to a scene in Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Tablet headlines have been dominated for the past week by the sudden demise of the TouchPad, and the subsequent fire sale by HP to clear out inventory. But, just because HP is bailing on the tablet industry doesn't mean the world has come to a halt. ...
Hewlett-Packard may be giving up on making webOS devices such as the Pre 3 and Veer smartphones and TouchPad tablet, but executives at the company say committed to developing its mobile platform. HP appears convinced it can wring some value from the ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD