After initial success, Intel's netbook strategy is at a crossroads as demand for tablets and low-cost laptops with larger screens rises, a company executive said this week.
Soon, SAP hopes to sew up a gaping security hole for its 7,000 iPad-toting employees. The Germany-based tech giant is beta testing a product that will allow it to send PGP-encrypted confidential email to employees. In turn, employees will be able to ...
With Microsoft trumpeting the idea that PCs and tablets should run the same operating system and have all the same capabilities, will Apple go down the same road?
Samsung has postponed its media launch for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 next week, following a federal court decision that prevents the tablet from going on sale in Australia until a patent lawsuit with Apple is resolved.
Samsung on Wednesday announced a software update for its Tab 10.1 tablet with a gaggle of business features, which could help the company push the device to corporate users.
Skype's Internet phone and video chat application for Apple's iPad was available late Monday, but was quickly pulled from Apple's online stores. Skype said in a Twitter message that it had gone live prematurely.
A webOS software update for Hewlett-Packard's TouchPad tablet will be delivered over-the-air starting on Monday, a company executive said on Twitter.
Google Friday unveiled a simplified search interface for Apple iPad and Android 3.1 tablets. The changes, which are being rolling out over the next several days at www.google.com, including a streamlined layout better suited to touchscreen users.
In a bid to draw buyers away from Android and iPad tablets, Hewlett-Packard is offering US$50 off on its TouchPad tablets just under a month after the device went on sale.
Users of Toshiba's latest Thrive Tablet early next week will receive a software update to resolve a bug that causes the tablet to not wake up from sleep mode.
Dell launched its newest 10-inch Android tablet exclusively in China on Friday, with the aim of capturing a slice of the country's growing mobile Internet market.
Motorola reported a loss of $US56 million, or $0.19 per share, on net revenue of $3.3 billion for the second quarter, as the phone and tablet maker continues to struggle to make 4G products.
Like Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Apple is looking unbeatable in the wild tablet market. Will the iPad be the last man standing after the smoke clears?
Most would guess iPads outsell Android tablets, but it may come as a surprise to you to learn just how much Apple is dominating Google in the tablet wars.
InterDigital on Tuesday said it has filed complaints with the U.S. International Trade Commission and federal court against Nokia, Huawei and ZTE, charging the companies with patent infringement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD