The VivoTab 810 is an Atom-based Windows 8 tablet that can do double duty as a laptop
A reasonably good protective case with a cramped keyboard
The Lenovo ThinkPad Twist has a good design and useful features, but it needs work
Samsung's Core i5-based Windows tablet performs well and is enjoyable to use
The Foxtel Go app is free to use, providing excellent quality video streaming and access to live TV
The Envy X2 is a two-in-one product: it can be used as a tablet or as a notebook thanks to the supplied dock
The Nexus 10 is a great piece of hardware only let down by a lack of tablet-optimised apps
The Telstra 4G Tablet offers good value for money, let down only by a less than average display and awful cameras
The ASUS Vivo Tab RT has build quality issues, a cramped physical keyboard and limited Windows RT apps
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet offers great hardware, sort-of-okay software
The ASUS Taichi 21 makes the notebook-to-tablet conversion as easy as closing the lid
Apple's new iPad remains the tablet to beat, but this is a minor upgrade over its predecessor
The iPad mini is an exceptionally built tablet with a fantastic app library, but it's let down by a less than stellar display
Dell's XPS 12 convertible can be used either as a laptop or as a tablet thanks to a clever hinge design
ASUS serves up a two-screen laptop that also doubles as a slate device
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTSystems AnalystSA