Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
The iOS 6.1 update fixes some bugs, but also introduces brand new ones, like potentially crippling your iPhone’s built-in speaker.
Struggling to read small text on your iPad mini? There's a fix for that.
Among other things, the iPad is a great way to save paper: It lets you carry around all kinds of digital documents that you might otherwise have had to print.
As the iPad ecosystem expands and matures, it becomes easier to leave your laptop behind and accomplish much of your business work on Apple's tablet computer. If you only need to <em>view</em><a href="http://www.macworld.com/product/671497/microsoft_...
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
- More than half the world is still offline
- Consumer Office 365 subscription growth slows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT