Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
The iOS 6.1 update fixes some bugs, but also introduces brand new ones, like potentially crippling your iPhone’s built-in speaker.
Struggling to read small text on your iPad mini? There's a fix for that.
Among other things, the iPad is a great way to save paper: It lets you carry around all kinds of digital documents that you might otherwise have had to print.
As the iPad ecosystem expands and matures, it becomes easier to leave your laptop behind and accomplish much of your business work on Apple's tablet computer. If you only need to <em>view</em><a href="http://www.macworld.com/product/671497/microsoft_...
If you're an iPad user, you may have discovered a rather strange quirk in iTunes. Although the program makes it blissfully easy to add documents to certain apps by way of its File Sharing feature, there appears to be no way to delete those documents.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Foreign CurrencyVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA