A group of engineering students and their professor at <a href="http://www.ntu.edu.tw/engv4/">National Taiwan University</a>, Taiwan's most prestigious university, have built a robot that can map out the area it's operating in and offer guided tours.
Taiwan announced a new plan Tuesday to allow its embattled DRAM makers to apply for government bailout funds over the next three months, but the money will come at a price.
When the 8th World Games opens in Taiwan on Thursday, the event will inaugurate a bold new stadium designed not only to power, cool and water itself, but also to withstand the tropical island's typhoons and earthquakes.
Taiwan's Consumer Protection Commission has ordered Dell to make good on sales from an online pricing error and deliver 19-inch LCD monitors to local consumers for NT$500 (US$15.26).
The Computex Taipei 2009 electronics show ended Saturday after a week-long display of new gadgets, including netbooks, ultra thin laptops made with new Intel chips and several surprises surrounding Google's Android mobile phone operating system.
One Taiwanese computer maker has come up with a novel way to camouflage a computer made for your living room: give it the shape and color of a Ming Dynasty vase.
Taiwanese consumer electronics maker BenQ plans to launch a smartphone and a netbook running Google's Android operating system next year, a company representative confirmed Thursday.
A Taiwanese organization has developed a netbook based on Google's Android platform that can also switch into Microsoft's Windows operating system to run certain programs.
Threats from the outbreak of swine flu and the weak global economy don't appear to be a problem for one of the world's largest computer and electronics exhibitions.
Eight of Asia's largest telecommunications carriers plan to jointly build a fiber optic cable that will interconnect the region's most important economies, they said Monday.
The first commercial WiMax broadband wireless network in Taiwan opened for business on Monday.
Within the next few years, companies from Taiwan may begin selling LCD TVs with 3D (three-dimensional) viewing technology that does not require the special glasses normally used in movie theaters to show 3D films.
A Taiwanese company that makes touchpads sued Apple Inc. in U.S. District Court Tuesday, charging that the California firm's multi-touch technology infringes two of its patents, according to court documents.
Taiwan chip designer Elan Microelectronics said Wednesday it is suing Apple over the infringement of two U.S. patents.
Green energy technologies will be top priority on the Taiwan government's list of new industries to promote, the island's president said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA