Once upon a time, a phone was just a phone: It simply made and received calls. The only security you worried about was if someone had picked up in the other room to listen in.
There are many ways that vendors of proprietary products try to scare business customers away from open source software, and one of the more commonly heard examples involves vague fears about compliance with open source licenses. There's nothing like...
Good citizens of technological America, this story is not for you.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- CIA updates rules for collecting and retaining info on US people
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence - BI and ReportingQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW