A drive in the U.S. Congress to pass a law requiring companies with data breaches to notify affected customers may get bogged down in old arguments.
A looming U.S. government shutdown could mean smaller paychecks for some government IT workers and contractors, as well as renegotiated contracts for some IT vendors.
U.S. lawmakers plan to resurrect national data breach notification legislation that has failed to pass in past sessions of Congress, but some advocates don't agree on what should be included in a bill.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring that government data be made available in open, machine-readable formats, expanding open-access requirements from earlier in his administration.
The U.S. military's reliance on foreign-made products, including telecommunications equipment and semiconductors, is putting the nation's security at risk by exposing agencies to faulty parts and to the possibility that producing nations will stop se...
A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require a losing plaintiff to pay legal costs in many patent infringement lawsuits, in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing court cases.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments Monday in two cases with potentially broad implications to technology users, one reviewing whether consumers can resell copyright-protected products they have purchased and the second challenging an electron...
The U.S. government can help grow the nation's cloud computing market by assisting private companies in the development of cloud security standards and by encouraging cloud providers to allow data portability among them, a new tech industry report re...
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for Congress to focus on supporting innovation and support research in IT and clean energy during his State of the Union speech Tuesday night.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Advisor, Web and Social Media Channels- SEO & AnalyticsNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia