A looming U.S. government shutdown could mean smaller paychecks for some government IT workers and contractors, as well as renegotiated contracts for some IT vendors.
U.S. lawmakers plan to resurrect national data breach notification legislation that has failed to pass in past sessions of Congress, but some advocates don't agree on what should be included in a bill.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring that government data be made available in open, machine-readable formats, expanding open-access requirements from earlier in his administration.
The U.S. military's reliance on foreign-made products, including telecommunications equipment and semiconductors, is putting the nation's security at risk by exposing agencies to faulty parts and to the possibility that producing nations will stop se...
A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require a losing plaintiff to pay legal costs in many patent infringement lawsuits, in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing court cases.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments Monday in two cases with potentially broad implications to technology users, one reviewing whether consumers can resell copyright-protected products they have purchased and the second challenging an electron...
The U.S. government can help grow the nation's cloud computing market by assisting private companies in the development of cloud security standards and by encouraging cloud providers to allow data portability among them, a new tech industry report re...
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for Congress to focus on supporting innovation and support research in IT and clean energy during his State of the Union speech Tuesday night.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
- Apple iPad Air 2: The immeasurable difference made by 1mm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW