A drive in the U.S. Congress to pass a law requiring companies with data breaches to notify affected customers may get bogged down in old arguments.
A looming U.S. government shutdown could mean smaller paychecks for some government IT workers and contractors, as well as renegotiated contracts for some IT vendors.
U.S. lawmakers plan to resurrect national data breach notification legislation that has failed to pass in past sessions of Congress, but some advocates don't agree on what should be included in a bill.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring that government data be made available in open, machine-readable formats, expanding open-access requirements from earlier in his administration.
The U.S. military's reliance on foreign-made products, including telecommunications equipment and semiconductors, is putting the nation's security at risk by exposing agencies to faulty parts and to the possibility that producing nations will stop se...
A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require a losing plaintiff to pay legal costs in many patent infringement lawsuits, in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing court cases.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments Monday in two cases with potentially broad implications to technology users, one reviewing whether consumers can resell copyright-protected products they have purchased and the second challenging an electron...
The U.S. government can help grow the nation's cloud computing market by assisting private companies in the development of cloud security standards and by encouraging cloud providers to allow data portability among them, a new tech industry report re...
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for Congress to focus on supporting innovation and support research in IT and clean energy during his State of the Union speech Tuesday night.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA