A drive in the U.S. Congress to pass a law requiring companies with data breaches to notify affected customers may get bogged down in old arguments.
A looming U.S. government shutdown could mean smaller paychecks for some government IT workers and contractors, as well as renegotiated contracts for some IT vendors.
U.S. lawmakers plan to resurrect national data breach notification legislation that has failed to pass in past sessions of Congress, but some advocates don't agree on what should be included in a bill.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring that government data be made available in open, machine-readable formats, expanding open-access requirements from earlier in his administration.
The U.S. military's reliance on foreign-made products, including telecommunications equipment and semiconductors, is putting the nation's security at risk by exposing agencies to faulty parts and to the possibility that producing nations will stop se...
A little-publicized provision in a U.S. government budget resolution that largely prohibits four agencies from using Chinese-made IT products could backfire, several tech trade groups said.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require a losing plaintiff to pay legal costs in many patent infringement lawsuits, in an effort to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing court cases.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments Monday in two cases with potentially broad implications to technology users, one reviewing whether consumers can resell copyright-protected products they have purchased and the second challenging an electron...
The U.S. government can help grow the nation's cloud computing market by assisting private companies in the development of cloud security standards and by encouraging cloud providers to allow data portability among them, a new tech industry report re...
The U.S. government should look to incentives as a way to encourage businesses to adopt better cybersecurity practices, instead of creating mandates, recommends a new paper from four trade groups and a civil liberties group.
U.S. President Barack Obama called for Congress to focus on supporting innovation and support research in IT and clean energy during his State of the Union speech Tuesday night.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW