The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules went into effect Friday, after an appeals court denied multiple requests to delay them while the agency faces 10 lawsuits challenging the regulations.
A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
The U.S. Senate was deadlocked on Friday over whether to extend authorization for the National Security Agency's massive collection of domestic telephone records, with Majority Leader Mitch McConnell insisting the surveillance program should continue...
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW