The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has wasted hundreds of millions of dollars on telephone subsidies, with some rich areas of the country receiving up to US$23,000 per line per year from the agency's Universal Service Fund, according to a new...
Technology Policy Institute
Democratic members of a Senate committee promised Wednesday to push hard for new online privacy protections and for legislation that would require companies to put security monitoring tools on their networks.
A senior Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives will soon introduce legislation designed to give Web users more control of their personal data and to give the U.S. Federal Trade Commission power to enforce voluntary privacy standards ...
Late last week, the U.S. House of Representatives approved a budget bill that included a prohibition on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission enforcing net neutrality rules, but it's unclear whether that provision will survive.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Backdoor accounts found in 80 Sony IP security camera models
- Arago teaches an AI to play games, the better to manage IT systems
- Microsoft's LinkedIn deal clears the EU, will close in the coming days
- WD will make a record-breaking 14TB hard drive available next year
- Dropbox boosts mobile productivity with offline folder support
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW