The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has wasted hundreds of millions of dollars on telephone subsidies, with some rich areas of the country receiving up to US$23,000 per line per year from the agency's Universal Service Fund, according to a new...
Technology Policy Institute
Democratic members of a Senate committee promised Wednesday to push hard for new online privacy protections and for legislation that would require companies to put security monitoring tools on their networks.
A senior Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives will soon introduce legislation designed to give Web users more control of their personal data and to give the U.S. Federal Trade Commission power to enforce voluntary privacy standards ...
Late last week, the U.S. House of Representatives approved a budget bill that included a prohibition on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission enforcing net neutrality rules, but it's unclear whether that provision will survive.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Enterprise SystemsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCCloud Specialist | CHEF | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW