Until recently, almost no IT industry vendor or analyst questioned the assumption that nearly all kinds of virtualization deliver quick, significant cost savings compared to computing only in the physical world.
Technology Topics | Virtualization
I came across an article in InfoWorld about a survey that TheInfoPro conducted among Fortune 1000 firms regarding their use of public cloud storage offerings. The bottom line: they haven't, they aren't, and they won't. 87 per cent of respondents stat...
During the past three to five years, when most companies began rolling out virtual servers in earnest as replacements for physical servers, acceptance has grown so quickly among both end users and IT staffs that more than half of all companies now de...
This week I saw two articles that captured the two visions of IT that will dominate the future. Both were interviews with senior IT leaders, one a CIO of a major technology company, the other a senior executive with a leading system integrator. One a...
The agreement announced this week by VMware and LG electronics will act a proof of concept of VMware's virtualization technology on mobile devices, but may not do either VMware or LG much good otherwise, analysts say.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC