The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules could open the door to rate regulation and could drive some small broadband providers out of business, some Senate Republicans said Wednesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should abandon its efforts to pass net neutrality rules because new regulations would hurt investment and the deployment of broadband, a parade of Republican senators and advocates said Wednesday.
A U.S. lawmaker has introduced legislation that would prohibit the Federal Communications Commission from reclassifying broadband as a common-carrier utility, a move many net neutrality advocates have called for.
The U.S. Senate has voted to allow states to collect sales tax from online retailers, making it more difficult to buy tax-free products online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW