The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
A new bill in Congress would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered warrants before targeting U.S. residents in searches of electronic communications collected by the National Security Agency.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
The U.S. Congress needs to help restore global trust in the nation's technology vendors by reining in surveillance programs at the National Security Agency, an industry representative told lawmakers Tuesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has narrowly rejected an effort to stop the National Security Agency from collecting millions of U.S. residents' telephone records.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW