The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
A new bill in Congress would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered warrants before targeting U.S. residents in searches of electronic communications collected by the National Security Agency.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
The U.S. Congress needs to help restore global trust in the nation's technology vendors by reining in surveillance programs at the National Security Agency, an industry representative told lawmakers Tuesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has narrowly rejected an effort to stop the National Security Agency from collecting millions of U.S. residents' telephone records.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW