The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
A new bill in Congress would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered warrants before targeting U.S. residents in searches of electronic communications collected by the National Security Agency.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
The U.S. Congress needs to help restore global trust in the nation's technology vendors by reining in surveillance programs at the National Security Agency, an industry representative told lawmakers Tuesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has narrowly rejected an effort to stop the National Security Agency from collecting millions of U.S. residents' telephone records.
Three U.S. lawmakers have introduced a bill to provide more protection from government surveillance for people who store data in the cloud.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT