Telecommunications provider, Telstra, hosted a Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit showcase on April 11. The event's special guests included ex-NRL champion, Wendell Sailor, winter Olympian, Alex 'Chumpy' Pullin, and Australian women's basketball champion, Liz Cambage.
Telco in pictures
A sophisticated phishing email purporting to be from Telstra has been identified by MailGuard. "It's just mind-blowingly awesome," the security vendor's CEO Craig McDonald said on Monday.
Telecommunications company, TPG is now offering NBN business bundles targeted at the small business market.
Kogan Mobile has introduced a new unlimited standard national talk and text prepaid offer that it claims is the most affordable offer currently in the Australian market.
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
Vodafone has made enhancements to its 4G network for areas of regional New South Wales and the ACT.
Buying a mobile phone on a contract is the most popular option when it comes to getting a new phone in Australia. By signing a 24-month contract, you usually pay nothing up front and receive a brand new mobile. It sounds great, but what if you're stu...
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCChange AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT